Ashley loves the cup holder next to her car seat in my 'new' car. I'm driving a 'Hoe now... a Tahoe that is, and I've liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It seats 9, so if you want to go out with us just hop in! There's plenty of room!
I love the view out my back windows
Austin loves tennis. It hit 60 degrees last Monday and he begged me to take him to the park and play tennis! I've got to get him in some lessons.
On St. Patrick's Day, we usually have green noodles or something else colored green to celebrate the holiday. Corned beef and Soda Bread just doesn't do it for us. This year we did a Rainbow Dinner and I have to say, I think it's going to be a tradition that sticks around. Rather than focusing on the green, we looked for foods of all different colors, which naturally makes your meal very healthy! (Unless you opt for red Fruit Punch and orange Hostess cupcakes, etc) It was a modge-podge of a meal but the kids loved the idea! We had red ketchup, orange carrots, yellow corn, green spinach, blue berries, roast chicken and cookies. Ok, the chicken and cookies were random additions, but we had to throw some protein and a treat in there. We all had fun searching for foods of different colors (except maybe Jared, who looked on skeptically as I tried to make this an exciting event).
Ashley is still in love with all of her birthday treasures. I have to thank everyone who gave her perfect gifts because she is always happy and content no matter where we go (dentist office, Costco, etc) because she has her Princess purse, phone, nail polish, lip glosses (about 20), and other treasures to keep her entertained. I love it.
Olivia loves to read. She has been working on reading 100 books for her 1st grade program. She earned her t-shirt (see photo below) in the nick of time! Sadly she's missing her program at school tonight because of the plague that has taken over our house.
Last week Ashley and Olivia went over to play with our next door neighbor girls (age 13 and 10) and came back as Beauty Queens! Aaaaah! They were both totally made up with eye shadow, mascara, and lip gloss and their hair had been pulled back with hair pieces attached. I almost didn't recognize them. They absolutely loved it (of course) and begged me to do their hair like this all the time. Too bad they don't realize that their mother is completely incapable of "doing hair". They are such girlie-girls!
I got these new curtains at IKEA a while back and I have loved them. Orange is one of my favorite colors. The same set of curtains is in the kitchen next to the table and it is exactly what the room needed.
And finally, Reason #2,643 why I love Target. I found this adorable set of vinyl wall art for just $12 that perfectly coordinates with my girls' bedroom! The cute owls, birds, and flowers go perfectly with their duvet covers. Thank you, once again, Target for being perfect.
4 comments:
Yes the Rainbow dinner idea was great but we can't have a tradition without including some form of potato dish! I mean Cmon.
Love the rainbow dinner idea! As to Anonymous's comment, maybe you can add mashed potatoes next time and pretend they are the fluffy clouds at the end of the rainbow. haha. :)
Love, love, LOVE Target!!!! Cute wall decor. I wish they had cute stuff for boys, though.
Jealous of your mountainous backyard and your springlike weather! (It's been raining here for days.)
Hmm…. can't wait to investigate your Tahoe. We're not in the market yet, but someday I'd like to upgrade to a 9-seater so when my parents come visit we can all fit in the same car. And I love the cup holder. :)
Random thoughts are so refreshing and so are the pictures. The girls look so pretty! Did the neighbors just have those hair pieces sitting around? They match the girls hair perfectly.
I just LOVE the rainbow dinner idea and I'm with you on Target too!
Post a Comment