I totally CHOPPED MY hair off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been talking about it for years... I just haven't been brave enough to do it. My hair has completely changed texture over the past 2-3 years and gotten to the point where I just can't do anything with it. I've tried to find someone who knows how to cut it, but really it comes down to the fact that my hair is fried and dry, coarse and wiry, and downright unruly. No matter how much smoothing serum, straightening conditioners, toners, and treatments I use... it still refuses to obey. Since the last time I had it cuta month ago, I haven't been able to get it to look decent at all. Even a ponytail looks hideous. Not possible? You are wrong.
Finally, I told Jared I was thinking about it and he said, "Just do it." I couldn't believe that he was encouraging me, but he kept telling me that I should just go for it. So I figured, "Why not?" Why hang onto hair that I can't stand anyway? It's not like I am going to lament the loss of this straw-like, mousy mop I've got on my head.
So I did it. I went into the salon on Saturday and I told her to cut it all off. I showed her a few photos of cuts I liked and I think she did a great job. We had to lighten it, because let's be honest, this cut simply has to be blonde. Really blonde.
Do you think I'm crazy?!
So I am totally in shock, just because it's so different and I can't believe I really went through with it. But it's a good kind of shock. More like a "Yeah, I really did it!" kind of shock.
15 comments:
I think it looks fantastic!! What a cute cut and color. I'm glad you like it. Looks great on you.
Congratulations on the new job for Jared.
OH MY GOSH!!!!
I love it!
Robyn it looks so great - but then you would look great in any cut.
Oh & I love the ear rings too! :)
I think it looks great! Good for you for taking the plunge!
YEAH! I love it! I'm proud of you for being brave and joining me in the short hair club :) But I know how it feels to be in shock. You are going to LOVE how fast and easy it is--I don't know how I'll ever go back to longer hair. So cute!
Love it! You look like you should be on a hair product commercial!
super cute!!
Wow, I like it. I wish I could go that short too. I'm glad you decided to go for it.
AAAHHHH!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! It's so funny, but I was just telling the hubs this weekend that I was thinking about chopping off my hair since I can't seem to do anything with it that looks good. This haircut is very similar to some of the pictures that I had. You look like a rockstar! I love it on you! Sexy (can I say on that word on here? :)) and sassy!
P.S. I like your blog background too!
Wow, you look amazing! I love it! I bet it is so easy now with training, running, and just the busy-ness of being a mom.
You are my hero!! There once was a time when I would do drastic things with my hair on a bi-yearly basis....now I am totally stuck in a rut and you have inspired me. SOOOOOOO CuTE!!!
YOu are one hot momma!
yEAH! any thing styled looks great and amazing. I have aged like 20 years....with this long hair, i have! I can't wait to see my stylist...maybe this year??? IT looks sooo cute! So fresh and ready for spring or something! A good change like this goes a long way! Yeah!
Love IT! It looks absolutely amazing!
I love it!! I totally want that hair. But I have too much neck and too many chins, I think. Is it hard to get it to behave in this style?
My philosophy on hair is: it will always grow back. Sometimes you just need a change, and this is a great one!
Love it!
I think I love it. It totally fits you. Wish I could wack mine off and look that good :)
Post a Comment