Seriously, I had to take a picture of it, it was so bad. Jared and I went to Chili's the other day for lunch. It was such a treat because we never go out to lunch together. Usually I am working during the lunch hour, but since I quit PP a week ago (SO NICE!) I have been enjoying my freedom.
I ordered an Asian Chicken Salad minus the chicken. Little did I know that this was going to throw the entire kitchen for a loop. Don't these things come in kits anyway? Just leave off the chicken, right? Apparently not so easy. We waited like 20 minutes, at which point Jared and Ashley got their food. The waiter then apologized b/c mine wasn't done yet. (the one dish that requires no cooking) He said the menu had changed recently so the kitchen was having a hard time. Ok, understandable.
Finally my salad came. It was a big bowl of shredded iceberg lettuce with 4 bits of chopped red pepper and about 10 edamame. The "Asian Peanut" dressing was so light I couldn't even taste it. There were no crispy wontons, green onions, sesame seeds, etc as described in the menu. When the waiter came back and asked if everything was ok, I didn't know what to say. I was not paying $9 for this salad. I hate being in that situation b/c I don't like to make a big deal out of something like this, but it was seriously ridiculous.
I told him that this was not the salad described in the menu. He asked what they could do to fix it and I said, "Please just bring me the regular Asian Chicken Salad". To Go. Now that Jared and Ashley were finished with their food and I was starving. After another 15 minutes, he brought out the salad pictured above. I wanted to laugh. Good thing they didn't charge me for it or I might have had to say something else.
Dear Chili's,
Please do something to fix your pathetic excuse of an Asian Chicken Salad because you've totally messed it up. Feel free to give me a call if you need some help.
Sincerely,
Asian Salad addict
5 comments:
That is quite pathetic. Thank goodness it was free. I'm guessing you'll opt for a different restaurant next time you do lunch with the husband.
I've been disapointed nearly everytime I eat at Chili's so I try to avoid it when I can. But that sucks wasting an entire lunch out on such a mess.
Um....wow. Nice salad. I think I definitely would have had something to say as well. Yikes.
P.S. you need to update your profile picture with one of you and your sassy new do!
P.S. again -- yeah! for middle-of-the-work-day-lunch-with-your-husband!
That is a pitiful looking salad! Seriously, I think you should write a real letter to Chili's corporate w/the included picture.
On that note, I'm wondering if Chili's was bought-out by another company? Maybe that is why the menu changed?
ohhhh that is just not fair, I hate it when you go and pay and it is not acceptable. Especially when you are looking forward to something really good.!
Post a Comment