Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Busy and Blessed




Evidence around our house points to the fact that we've been very blessed lately. This bag of mine (compliments of Annalisa) and the photo below are evidence of how busy things have been. Since October, I have been working part time at home 10-2 every day as well as doing personal training at the gym. My bag seems to be next to the door at all times since I am in and out all day. It's been going well - a little busy- but alright. Then, last week, the other trainer at the gym quit with no notice and I inherited all of his clients. Good, right? Uh, yes, but a little insane. I've been at the gym usually 3 times a day (maybe 4 if you include my own workout) as well as working 10-2. Finally, on Monday I quit the work from home job so I can concentrate on just personal training. I was hoping to feel huge relief, but this week is testing me, big time. I feel like I am running a marathon and I just can't wait to finish!!!



For example, on Monday I had clients at gym at 6 am, 7 am, 7:30 am, and 9 am. I worked PP at home from 10 am- 6 pm (only Monday is long) then back to gym at 7:30 pm. On Thursday I have a 6:30 am, 8:30 am, 10:45 am, (supposed to work PP 10-2) 3:30 pm, 4 pm, 4:30 pm, 5:30 pm, and 6 pm appointments. Then Pack meeting is 7-8 pm. Note to my bookclub girls, I may be a little frazzled by the time I get there!!!! In between all this, I am trying to be a mom, do laundry, cleaning, read with the kids, play Barbies, make dinner (thankfully Jared has been a huge help with that), etc. etc.



Speaking of Jared, here is where the other blessed part comes in... he got a NEW JOB!!! We are so happy and excited. Things have been tough over the past year or two - life has been so up and down with work situations. Just when it seemed like we could not take anymore trials and difficulty, we got a break. Jared has been hired with the Sales Dept of a great company in Salt Lake. He starts on February 1st and we could not be more pleased about it.



After his third interview, when things were looking really good, we broke down and got a new car. It's not brand new, but it's new to us. We sold our family car in November and we've been sharing Jared's truck for a couple of months (trying to be practical) and it was really, really hard. It's cracking me up to hear Jared complain about the truck now (when only 2 weeks ago he was telling me how "it's not that bad" and even trying to say how great it is and "I'll never sell it"). Now he's making trips to get Armor All and Turtle wax and talking about how the rain is making "his car" dirty and spotty. I'm glad he's enjoying his success.



Saturday night we had a little family celebration for Jared. It was a great Mexican fiesta. We had chili queso, shredded chicken tacos, marinated pork, guacamole, salad, nachos, etc. etc. Of course it wouldn't be a party for Jared without some Mountain Dew.



(for some reason I find it strange that Adam was cold- he's wrapped in Jill's blanket)



I made Chocolate Sheet Cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert.



Then we played a little bit of Quiddler with Mike & Ike's on the side. They're becoming a regular guest at our game nights.



Austin helped my mom choose this Congratulations gift for Jared- Mountain Dew and Twix. You can tell his wife is a personal trainer, right?! Ha



We all had a good time and I thought it was so sweet that my family wanted to congratulate Jared and show him that we are all so proud of him. We're feeling so thankful for our blessings right now. It seems when it rains, it pours!




8 comments:

Heidi said...

All your blessings are well deserved! Congratulations to you on the personal training - I wish I lived a bit closer so you could be mine :)

Congrats on the car it is beautiful and congrats to Jared on the new job!

The fiesta looks so good! You know how I love mexican food! You have such a great supportive family! Enjoy!! You deserve it!

Carrie said...

Congratulations you guys (on the job, the party, the car, your life....the whole thing)!!!

Laura said...

Congrats to you! I had no idea you were dealing with all that, your not a big complainer! I go to 24 hr fitness and used a trainer and loved it so much. I wish I could do it all the time, it helped me so much. I know you are awesome at that from knowing you back when.

I can't believe how much you acomplish, but you have always been such a organized person.

Paradise Found said...

I don't know how you can find the energy to get anything done at home after a work schedule like yours. You are amazing. So excited for Jared and the whole family. Enjoy your new wheels!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your busy-ness and Jared's new job...you two always seemed to be running circles around everyone else and I am glad it is paying off. You guys are the best, here's to a fabulous and blessed 2010!!!

Jamie said...

Hooray for happy news! I'm so happy for you guys. You are definitely 'busy and blessed'. :) Seriously, your schedule makes me tired just reading it!
I'm glad that your personal trainer dreams are coming true!!! :)

Natasha said...

What great news and even better that your family has bbeen so supportive!

Britney said...

I am so incredibly happy for you -- I'm even tearing up a little bit. (I know. I can't help it. I'm corny at heart.) You sound incredibly busy. I don't know how you do all of that and stay sane. You are a true champ.

Congrats to Jared on the job! I'm sure you are all thrilled! Congrats on the new car -- its a beauty! I'm glad things are going well. I couldn't be happier for you.

I think it is so sweet of your family to throw him a congrats party. You truly are so blessed in so many ways and I'm so glad to see it happen to you!!!!!