Sunday, September 06, 2009

Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portabellos


I've been cooking more this week
and wanted to share some recipes because they are
DELICIOUS
and good food should be shared. I hope you try some of them.
I am doing them as individual posts, so read on if you're interested...



Portabellos

2 tsp. EVOO
5 medium portabello mushroom caps
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar

Stuffing

1 Tbsp. EVOO
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 pound fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1 can (15 oz) artichoke hearts or 6-8 hearts, drained well on paper towels
salt and pepper to taste
4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 slices Italian bread, toasted and chopped in small cubes
1 cup chicken or veg stock
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
6 oz. fontina cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1. Heat EVOO in large skillet over med-high heat. Add mushroom caps and season with salt/pepper. Cook 3 minutes each side.
2. Add vinegar to the pan and allow it to cook away as it coats the caps.
3. Transfer caps to cookie sheet lined with foil.
4. Return pan to stove and heat EVOO. Add garlic, onion. Saute 3 minutes.
5. Add spinach to pan and let it wilt. Coarsely chop artichokes and add to pan.
6. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
7. Add chopped toast and dampen with stock.
8. Stir in parmesan and combine well. *I added about 1/4 c. shredded fontina to the mix*
9. Top each mushroom cap with 1/5 of the stuffing.
10. Sprinkle with fontina cheese. Put in oven for 5 minutes, just to melt the cheese and set the mushrooms.
11. Cut each mushroom into 4 pieces and serve.

Source: Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals, pg 159

4 comments:

Lindy said...

I'm loving that you posted all these recipes--they all sound amazing. Now I'm hungry for some thai food...

Heidi said...

All of these recipes look divine!!

Thanks so much for sharing them! I love to make things that I know others have made and like. It's so much better than just shooting in the dark. And I definitely trust you -- you are such a great cook!

Britney said...

YUMMMMM!!!!

Diana said...

oh my I'll have to make these soon!