Sunday, September 06, 2009

Kai Phad Nam Prik Phao

Kaylyn, this is the one I made the other day that I told you about... it is SO fast and easy.

Chicken with Chili Jam
2 tsp. fish sauce
2 T. oyster sauce
1/4 c. coconut milk
1/2 tsp. sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp. veg oil
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1-1 1/2 Tbsp. chili jam
1 pound chicken, sliced thinly
handful of Thai Holy Basil leaves
1 long red/green chili, seeded and thinly sliced

1. Combine fish sauce, oyster sauce, coconut milk, and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok or deep skillet over med-high heat. Stir fry garlic until golden. Add chili jam and stir fry about 2 minutes until fragrant. Add chicken and stir fry over high heat 2-3 minutes.
3. Add fish sauce mixture and stir fry until chicken is cooked. Taste and adjust as necessary (add fish sauce or sugar).
4. Stir in basil leaves.
5. Garnish with chili slices.
6. Serve over jasmine rice.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yum, can't wait to try this! I just picked up some Thai Basil at the local Asian Market today....now I have a cool new recipe to try! woo hoo!

Britney said...

Sounds so good! How about you make it for me and invite me over?!