Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birthdays


A couple weeks ago a very special girl turned 40...


Happy Birthday Heidi!!!!!!!



To celebrate the occasion we had a little fiesta at Shauna's house. Heidi loves Mexican food so we did a Cafe Ri0 night with lots of good stuff. It was so delicious! Shauna is such a great hostess.



Her backyard looked so quaint and cute with her amazing paper flowers hanging in the trees and little tealights setting the mood. It was perfect.


Here's Rebecca making the yummy salad- I need that recipe! I think it was black eyed peas, chopped red and orange peppers, red onion, cilantro, etc.


Rebecca and I loading up our plates...


Heidi and Britney keep us laughing


Amazing flan made by Rebecca- you can't see it in the photo, unfortunately. We only made Heidi blow out about 9 candles... didn't want to set anything on fire!


We also made Shauna blow out some candles since we missed
her bday back in July- we love you too Shauna!


As we sat around the table we called our pal Chantel (in New York) to
wish her a happy bday too- it was actually her birthday that day. It
was fun to talk to her but it sure made us miss her a lot.


(photo taken during Chantel's trip to Utah back in May)

We made some plansfor our Girls Trip 2010 to Albequerque, NM
where Chantel's family is moving in a few months.
(I hope David realizes we're going to take him
up on that offer, Chantel!!)


Brenda, me, Heidi, Rebecca, Britney, and Shauna


And don't forget JAZZ hands!
I think it's part of the secret Acorn Club initiation process...

We finished the night by seeing Julie & Julia, an excellent movie!
Happy Birthday to Heidi, Shauna, and Chantel!!


7 comments:

Britney said...

I'm SO GLAD you posted these! I don't have any pictures from that night. I had such a great time! You ladies are the best!

P.S. Nice wig Heidi! You crack me up!

Nikki said...

What a fun party/girls night out! :) Yummy and cute and you can tell from these pictures how close you all are!

Jill said...

It looks like an excellent night! Woohoo for an upcoming girl's trip!

Chantel said...

It was so sweet of you guys to call it totally made my day. And of course made me miss you all like crazy.
I'm glad you are all planning for the the girls weekend. David is very serious about his offer and I personally can't wait.

Jamie said...

That looked like a fun party. I love the wig...and that lime/raspberry beverage is making me really thirsty. Is it limeade? It looks so good!

Heidi said...

Ha!

We ARE nerds with the jazz hands!

Thanks so much for such a great night! I had a blast. I love your guts!!!!!

amy gretchen said...

Looks like a fabulous night with friends. I think sometimes I forget just how needed these nights are.

and a girls trip sounds delightful. Hopefully you can all make it happen.