Friday, July 10, 2009

I love a good bargain...

The other night I was playing around on KSL and I found this great kids' bed for only $50!! It happened to be located right near me (like within 5 minutes) so I called the people immediately and told them I wanted it. Apparently, it was like new, still had the tag on it, and was just sitting in their basement. Monday morning, I went and picked it up, happy with my snazzy deal.



Come to find out, that store tag which proved how perfect and un-used the bed was... was SUPER glued onto the bed! It said "Logan Collection" or something like that. I assume it was a floor model or something?? Anyway, I liked the bed- it reminded me of something from Pottery Barn, and I figured we could deal with it. Fast forward to Tuesday morning, when Jared and Austin, armed with sandpaper, began to fix this little flaw on an otherwise perfect bed.



It didn't take them too long. Jared had to use some tool to scrape off the glue, then they sanded it down til it was smooth. Next thing I knew, Jared was setting up the paint sprayer and a make shift studio in the garage.



The bed came out so nice. I was so proud of Jared and Austin for doing the work on this (good little lesson for Austin) and turning this bargain bed into a great piece of furniture for our home. Here is the finished bed with Austin's duvet on it.



Austin was pretty pleased with his new set up.



So was Ashley- they immediately started to wrestle, testing out the new bed.





Then of course, Olivia had to join in.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Love it! The bed is so cute- what a bargain. Love that father and son worked together on it too. Great idea!

Jill said...

Wow, what a score! I should visit KSL more often because I despise our squeaky bunk beds. If you ever see anything great please tell me.

Kim Sue said...

score!

Heidi said...

Right on! What a great looking bed! I love the blue you picked out -- it looks great and I especially love the pictures of kids jumping on each other! Too funny!

Great job Jared & Austin!p

Britney said...

I LOVE the wrestling pictures!! So funny!!!

That is a great looking bed!! I love that the two of them did it together. That is the best way to learn how to do something. I still love working beside my dad on things -- I learn so much.

Don't you love getting a good deal?! Especially when it turns out to look so great!!!!

Amadeus said...

Looks great Austin!!!

Natasha said...

What a find!
Griffin's bed is very similar!

michelle said...

What a great deal! It sounds like Jared and Austin have the skills -- it looks good as new. Such a cute picture of Austin trying it out.

Jamie said...

I love good deals like that! (And those pics are pretty dang cute. I love it when the kids can wrestle and still get along.)