In Thai the word above means "accident". It's such a funny word (many words in Thai sound funny to non-Thai speakers) but this is one of my favorites because it almost sounds like "oops-a-daisy" or something like that. Oop-a-dee-head. That's what Ashley had today.

She was playing over at a friends house when she walked too close to the other kids on the swings- something she does often at home- and she got hit in the head by the swing (the 2-person kind). So apparently blood was gushing everywhere (I was still at work when this happened) and Olivia ran to get help. Thankfully, my mom called me just as I was leaving work at 2pm and by some freak accident my phone, which was set on vibrate, rang, and I didn't miss the call. I left work and drove directly to the Insta-Care.
To make a very long story short, she didn't end up getting stitches. We don't have insurance and after consulting with a plastic surgeon, we followed his advice and decided to leave it to heal. I took a photo of it before I put the clean bandage on tonight, but my camera is being all weird and doesn't save the first photo I take on the card. Anyone ever heard of that happening? The photos I took after that one are all on there but the first one is missing. Strange...

She was playing over at a friends house when she walked too close to the other kids on the swings- something she does often at home- and she got hit in the head by the swing (the 2-person kind). So apparently blood was gushing everywhere (I was still at work when this happened) and Olivia ran to get help. Thankfully, my mom called me just as I was leaving work at 2pm and by some freak accident my phone, which was set on vibrate, rang, and I didn't miss the call. I left work and drove directly to the Insta-Care.
To make a very long story short, she didn't end up getting stitches. We don't have insurance and after consulting with a plastic surgeon, we followed his advice and decided to leave it to heal. I took a photo of it before I put the clean bandage on tonight, but my camera is being all weird and doesn't save the first photo I take on the card. Anyone ever heard of that happening? The photos I took after that one are all on there but the first one is missing. Strange...
Anyway, I am hoping it heals quickly and smoothly! We did get a prescription for an antibiotic to prevent infection. Thankfully the wound is right under her bangs. She's such a little trooper and has hardly even blinked with all the blood and trauma of the day. All of this happened before 2:00, we left the doctor and went straight to Austin's soccer game at 5:30, and didn't get home until 7:30. Poor Ashley said in the car, "This is a very long day!" and she was so right.
5 comments:
OUch! Poor little thing! I'm glad she didn't have to get stitches! She is such a little trooper!!
I love that word -- oopadeehead. I'm totally going to start using it with a non-Thai accent.
Ouch is right! I hope she is feeling better!
The part of the story about your cell phone ringing is amazing. Tender mercies!
Oh & I love that word too!
Poor girl! It's just too cruel that insurance woes have to dictate the kind of care we get and whether our kids will have a scar or not. I'm in the same freakin boat!
Poor little Ashley! "This is a very long day!" That just tugs at my heart. I hope she heals quickly.
I haven't thought of that word in ages! In fact, I think you are the one who taught it to me in Roi-Et when I was a 'greenie'. So funny.
Poor girl! Oh the insurance woes. I'm definitely feeling you on that one.
Post a Comment