Friday, March 20, 2009

FREE RSL game Saturday

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day. Here's something you can do with the kids for free!




The Major League Soccer season opens for 14 of its 15 teams this weekend. Real Salt Lake will be watching. Because of MLS's expansion into Seattle, there are 15 teams in the league, meaning one had to draw a bye on the opening weekend. Real Salt Lake ended up with the bye, so RSL will tune-up for its March 28 opener with an exhibition match on Saturday afternoon at Rio Tinto Stadium.

Real Salt Lake faces the Austin Aztex of the United Soccer League's first division, starting at 1 p.m., and admission is free. The match will be part of an open house at Rio Tinto, with "Carnival Real" starting at 10 a.m. on the east lawn of the new stadium. Gates to the stadium will open at 11 a.m.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks for the info Robyn. I'll have to see if we can work it out & go.

Enjoy the warm weather -- it will be gone in a flash.

Jamie said...

FUN! Did you guys end up going? I am dying to go see DC United when they play LA Galaxy. If I can see David Beckham play live, I will die happy. :)