Friday, January 30, 2009

Our new little Yogi

On Wednesday, we went to the library and Olivia found a cute book about kids and yoga. I loved the illustrations and she couldn't wait to try all the poses. It happens to be written by a guy who trains and does workshops locally. Just that morning, I went to yoga and was talking to the instructor and this guy's name came up- what a coincidence.

So for any of you who want to do some yoga with your children, here is our little Guide to Yoga with Kids, starring Olivia!



DOG



TRIANGLE



PRETZEL



FISH



BRIDGE



PLOW



NAMASTE!



We had a good time doing these poses together. That night, we went to have dinner with my sister Lori, and Olivia couldn't wait to show her all the yoga she had learned. It's so fun to see her proud of herself for developing a new skill.

11 comments:

Jill said...

That book looks cute and so does Olivia!

Carrie said...

That is GREAT! Maya would SO love this. What a great tool to keep them still for a while! I am so checking that one out at our library.

Nikki said...

Looks like a great book to have around. Our cable's On Demand feature has an exercise show that is Yoga for kids. It goes through an alphabet of animal poses. My 4 year old thinks it's very fun! I suppose I should be doing it WITH him!

Heidi said...

My kids love to do yoga with me but most of it is kind of difficult. I really want to get that book so I can show them some poses just for them. Thanks so much for the good information! I wish our cable has yoga for kids -- that sounds fun.

amy gretchen said...

My kids would probably like this because they're always trying to copy the stretching that I do. Maybe I could use this book or at least maybe you could teach me. I'd love to learn yoga, but have no idea what I'm doing when I try.

Olivia looks darling.

Jamie said...

Those are the cutest pics! I feel like I had a mini-lesson on Yoga. That sounds like such a fun book. I wonder if the boys would be into it. I've always been interested in yoga but have never really done it.

Chantel said...

Now that's what I am talking about!

Diana said...

Olivia looks so cute. That must have been a lot of fun to do together. I have to check out that book now!

Britney said...

Ooohhh. Great book! I'll have to check that one out.

Kim Sue said...

super cute!

michelle said...

Darling photos! Yoga seems like a natural for kids -- they are so unbelievably flexible.