Thursday, October 02, 2008

Looking for Leaves

Well it's the 2nd day of October and we are heading up the canyon tonight to enjoy the fall leaves and have a picnic. I am hoping to get some great photos, but don't worry, my expectations are low (for the ones involving kids, at least). The weather is so beautiful and I really want to enjoy it before it gets cold this weekend. We were supposed to leave for Lake Powell early Friday morning, but decided not to go once we knew the storm was going to hit us down there and we might only have 1 day of good weather. I'm very disappointed! Thanks to Kaylyn and Rich for inviting us anyway. That's ok. This way, we'll be here for Olivia's game on Saturday and we'll be able to watch General Conference in real time rather than DVR later.

As I promised, here is the second installment of the October Pumpkinfest. I hope you enjoy these recipes. This one is from my friend, Britney, who shares my love of pumpkin!



Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes

1 ¼ c. flour
¼ c. chopped pecans, toasted, divided
2 ¼ tsp. bkg powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 T. veg oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 lg. eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 c. pumpkin

Combine flour, 2 T. pecans, bkg powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in large bowl. Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (thru eggs). Add to flour mixture stirring until smooth. Stir in pumpkin (if using sweet potatoes or yams drain first). Spoon ¾ c. batter onto hot griddle. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges cooked. Sprinkle with pecans and serve with vanilla maple syrup.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I have made these before too! Yummmmm! I love pumpkin too. I can't wait to see your pictures of the canyon. Your kids photograph so well I'm sure you will have some good ones!

melanie said...

I really want to catch some fall leaves somewhere (not many trees around here). Can't wait to see the photos. I'm always a little more attentive when I'm watching conference live.

When my friend emailed me this recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, I thought of you and your love for pumpkin. Let me know if this link doesn't work. They look so good!

http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2008/09/28/i-was-doing-so-good/

amy gretchen said...

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. I'm sure it was a perfect night for a picnic.

thanks for sharing your pumpkins recipes. I need to try them.

michelle said...

I have a pumpkin pancake recipe, but the addition of pecans make these sound even better!