Can you believe this view?! I love it.
The colors were beautiful. I think we hit the mountains at exactly the right time!
I did my best taking photos of the kids- you can see I didn't plan the clothing very well, but I still love those sweet faces!
Austin is at the age where they have a hard time doing a natural smile. They think too much and end up looking like they're in pain or like they're half asleep. Ok, that sounds mean... but you understand, right? I do like this one of him next to the tree. He's getting his front teeth in and I think they have nowhere to go! Poor kid
Olivia loves to have her photo taken, she's a good model. I can't believe how big she is getting. I think she's just a couple inches shorter than Austin now. She has such a long torso and in jeans she looks like she is all legs. Lucky girl! I bet she'll be tall. This week she started riding Austin's bike b/c hers suddenly looks like a tiny circus bike with her knees bent on the sides. I put the training wheels back on and Ashley is trying to ride it- she's not quite there yet.
Ashley does not cooperate for photos at all. It's no wonder I have hardly any of her scrapbook done! No, that's just my pathetic excuse for not scrapbooking, but it is a factor! So I chose this silly one instead. She's such a doll! I had to take her to the bathroom TWICE while at the park (you can imagine the toilet conditions, I'll spare you details). I guess I have to be happy that she is potty trained at all, right?
It was like the leaves were changing colors right before our eyes. I love these red leaves with yellow veins.
We had fun making a pile of leaves and throwing them up. Ashley could hardly wait long enough for us to make a pile before she was throwing them. Olivia was very frustrated! (Note about this photo: Olivia later told me that her pants were hurting her tummy so she undid them. In case you noticed, that's the explanation... but I loved the leaf throwing, so what could I do?) After our photos, we had a picnic dinner and the kids rolled down the hill and ran around. Olivia collected some leaves and later the girls watched in awe as a bride had her photos taken. You would have thought Cinderella herself was there!
Now for today's recipe... you're going to understand why my family thinks I eat weird things but it's yummy. If you're daring, give it a try! This is from Kristi Katene, a friend of mine from Tasmania.
PUMPKIN AND CHICKPEA BURGERS

600g (1/2 LB) piece of pumpkin or squash, deseeded and cut into pieces
1 can chick peas
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (maybe more)
Couple of handfuls of dry-roasted walnuts – coarsely chopped
Chopped fresh chives
1 egg
Finely grated lemon rind
** it made about 6-8 medium sized patties **
Cook pumpkin until almost tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl, add chickpeas and mash. Add breadcrumbs, walnut, chives, egg and lemon rind. Season with Salt and Pepper. Use your hands to shape into patties. Place on plate with plastic wrap in the fridge for a min of 30 mins to chill, or longer if possible. (mine seemed a little sloppy, but after 2 hours in the fridge they were perfect) Cook 4 mins each side in a medium heat pan. Serve on a wholegrain roll with baby spinach, sweet chilli sauce, and whatever you like...
7 comments:
Cord & I are both in the office on our computers and I just read him this recipe. he thinks it sounds really good do I think I will add it to the menu this week. It seems like it will be more moist than a traditional veggie burger?
I love the pictures of the canyon! Such beautiful colors and dang cute kids! I had to laugh at your descriptions of each picture. Kids can be hard to photograph but it looks like you were successful
I really want to head up the canyon to enjoy the fall splendor, but the timing and weather aren't cooperating very well for me. I love going though and love having lots of nice fall photos. I'm glad it was so beautiful for you and that you had fun, though the bathroom situation sicks me out.
Those photos are great. I LOVE going to the canyon in Utah and enjoying the colors. I'm jealous! Your cooking skills are impressive to me.
Yet another super looking recipe. We tried the pumpkin pancakes last night and they were a HUGE success. Moist and totally delicious. Thanks so much. These burgers look divine as well. Maybe I'll get all "pumpkined" out by the end October.
Love the Autumn photos and the kids are just so sweet and photogenic. I better get "up" there and take a few myself.
beautiful!
We always took a drive up the canyon at the end of September. Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you.
I love the one of you and the girls playing in the leaves!
Post a Comment