Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stuff

It's been a while since my last post... I've just have been busy this week with ballet lessons, physical therapy, soccer practices, scrapbooking with friends, Blogger Book Club, hosting a church Lunch group, Primary meeting, etc. etc!!!

Another fun activity has been my daily searching of Ashley's pockets. She is absolutely obsessed with lipsticks and chapsticks right now and can often be found with up to 3-4 in her pockets at a time. I think the new record after today is 6. I don't know where she finds them all! She is so funny. Can you see the joy on her face? They're like her little babies all in a row. If you notice the redness on her face- it's because she just rubbed off one color and was trying to put on another.



I made pumpkin bars last night for bookclub, so my girls got to have some after lunch today. Here's Olivia digging in.



I also have to say thanks to Cecilia for a very sweet little card. You gotta love Good Mail!



Yesterday I got a note from Lori - a GREAT thank you note for her birthday that totally made my day! I feel like I need to send her another thank you back just to tell her how wonderful she is- I guess that's what I am doing right now...



Right now I am supposed to be heading out the door for Olivia's soccer practice, but the storms are brewing out there and I can't see the kids actually practicing amidst lightning. It's funny b/c last season it seemed like it rained every Wednesday and this happened. Now it rained last Wednesday and THIS Wednesday. Apparently the Universe does not want Olivia playing soccer. Maybe I should write it a letter?

Also today Austin started Chess Club at school. I am so excited that they are offering this for the kids and hope that he has a lot of fun with it. He loves to play chess at home with us, but I think it will not only be great for him to be with friends, but also to learn from the teachers since my chess skill level is very low!! I am anxious to hear how it went. Lately I have been worried about him b/c he keeps telling me how hungry he is at school. He eats lunch at 11 am and doesn't get home until 4 pm. Doesn't that seem like a VERY long time for kids to go without a snack? I know he's not in preschool, but I think they should be able to have a snack at 2 pm or something, just to keep their brains fueled. We all know how kids get when they're hungry! I guess I will have to talk to his teacher or something. Jamie didn't you find that Harrison was having an issue like this and when he had a snack he did way better in school? It sounds familiar...

The marathon is on Saturday and I have spent the week taking it easy and icing my knee every day. I had a great appt at the PT yesterday morning which helped me to feel a lot better. My hip is SO sore from the stretches he did, but I hope that it is going to relax everything around there and allow my knee to move like it needs to! I've got no choice now, right?!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Have a good time at the race Robyn. I'll be thinking of you along with many others I'm sure. What an awesome goal that will be realized.

Heidi said...

Ditto Shauna. I am glad the physical therapy is helping and I wish you the best in the race. I'll be thinking of you.

It sounds like you have been super busy I wish my kids would have done the chess club thing but none of them would, I bet it will be great for Austin.

Oh & keep up your pocket searching. Lily had a hidden Chapstick once that went through the wash and then into the dryer -- there weren't many things in that load that didn't have a spot of grease on them. It was a nightmare!

And the pumpkin bars look wonderful!

Cecilia said...

I'm so glad you liked the little card I sent you!
Good luck Saturday with this great goal of yours.
What an amazing acomplishment!!!

Jill said...

Ashley is so stinkin cute! I have seen her Chapstick fancy up close and have to hide mine when I know she's coming over.

Good luck with your race!