Olivia has been wanting to do ballet classes for months now. When I ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, among the list of about 15 things, a ballerina is one of them. She loves to dance and sing. We finally got her into a dance studio down the road and she is SOOOO excited. She loves her new ballet shoes and she loved every minute of the class. In fact, when we got home she put her ballet shoes back on and went right to the mirror to dance some more!
The photo situation wasn't so great b/c of overhead lighting and I was facing the windows, but I got what I could. I tried to be discreet but I think this photo of Olivia peeking at me over her shoulder is cute. Every time she caught me taking a photo she got a cute, embarrassed look on her face.
I just hope my poor girl can overcome the clumsy genes I have provided and find some grace and poise! She is so enthusiastic about this new world of dancing and I want her to have lots of fun! I can't believe I didn't get a photo of her with friend Belle during class. Belle wasn't sure if she wanted to do ballet or not, so poor Kaylyn had to do it with her. Because of that, I was using Kaylyn's camera to take pictures of Belle and forgot that none of them were on my own camera. I am sure I looked so obnoxious with 2 cameras around my neck and taking photos all the time! Oh well, it's the first week. We hope that Belle decides to stay in the class so that they can have fun together.
8 comments:
I was just thinking the other day about the persistance of girls wanting to become ballerina's when in adult life ballerina's are pretty obscure and I've never met anyone who actually is one, but then I've never met a fairy princess either and I totally understand wanting to be that.
That is funny Midge. I never really thought about it. I figure that the dancing background is good and if she has fun doing it, all the better. I actually have known 2 adults who worked in professional ballets... so there goes that theory! BTW, she would love to be a fairy princess too.
She really just can't get any cuter. She would be a "super princess" I'm sure!
what a cutie pie! I know she will have lots of fun.
She is so cute! Tiffany started ballet last week and I had so much fun taking pictures. She loves it!
oh ballet is soooo poised. I wish my mum would have put me in classes...I only did gymnastics...I guess that is where I get all the adventurer and adrenaline, but some poise and grace would have been nice, specially for POSTURE. I hear this is a lifetime discipline that you get with Ballet. And posture is sure one one one one one important thing as we age. So good for her, there is much more to ballet than meets the eye!
Kira loves her ballet class. I think it is good for her for so many reasons. I'm glad Olivia is taking it!
How fun!
Post a Comment