
Today was my niece Megan's 4th birthday. She is such an adorable girl, the youngest of my brother Adam and his wife Amy's three girls. Megan is known for being a chatterbox, non-stop talking which seems to have no end, but we still love her. She makes hilarious faces (see below) and says funny quirky things. She is very special to Olivia too- they are best little friends and love to dress up and play together. I can't believe that she's already 4- She's grown up so fast!
This afternoon Mom and I hopped in the car with all the kids and headed up to meet Amy and the girls for a birthday ice cream. Mom really wanted to give Megan her birthday present, a Razor scooter, and we wanted to see Meg since we weren't sure if we could make it to her party on Monday (due to conflict with John Mayer concert). So we met them at Cold Stone.

Here's Olivia trying to give Megan a birthday hug. Megan is doing one of her funny faces that I love. She is so animated! All the kids were going crazy- and that was before the sugar even hit their blood! They couldn't decide what to get then they all ended up going with Cotton Candy ice cream with sprinkles (what a waste!) except for cute, sensible Bella who got Vanilla with sprinkles.

Despite all the rest of the photos being hideous (Cold Stone, a good backdrop does not make!), the single good shot was the one Bella took of Mom, me, and Amy. I was so impressed that I remembered to do a self-portrait! I usually forget or really just don't want to take one.

After letting the kids run around and be crazy for a while, another customer actually came into the store so we tried to clear out quickly. Mom and I had plans to head to Nordstom's Anniversary Sale with the kids (crazy, yes) but Amy convinced us to let them play at her house for a couple hours. The kids were so happy to go- they hardly even said goodbye. Olivia and Megan walked to the car hand in hand. So cute.

It was such a blessing that Amy took them b/c we didn't realize it was the first day of the sale and it was mayhem! I love to shop, usually, but even I am not that dedicated. I hate crowded, crazy stores and it was chaos. I came home with no purchases! Ah well, money saved I guess.
10 comments:
no purchases? oh my! I love the first days of their sales there is soo much excitment in the air, but yes they can get really crowded...here all the good stuff is gone within a couple of hours opening...I meant to stop by, but it hasn't happend yet! What a cute picture of you three and the kids...you know, later in life when you see yourself actually present in your past is a good thing you took the photo. I can honestly say, that I did not take hardly any pictures of myself in the last part of my 30ties and wished I did, because I was probably less wrinkled than now, and no sign of documentation....worried about the figure...well, I hope I do something about it too!
Oh my Happy Birthday Meg! She is such a cutie!
:) ice cream with sprinkles makes a happy little girl on her birthday!
Claudia, I hadn't even thought of it that way... that I am only going to get MORE wrinkles and older looking! I might start taking lots of photos now that you've changed my way of thinking. One day I will be looking back at these photos and saying "Wow, I looked good!" I just can't imagine that right now.
Happy birthday Meg! I love her funny face hugging Olivia!
No purchases??? I'm impressed!
I love the picture of you, your Mom and Amy. I also LOVE Claudia's take on the photo thing....so true!
Happy Birthday Meg! Sounds like a fun day! (My kids didn't like the cotton candy ice cream. Weird, I know.)
that is so cute and I love that they chose cotton candy ice cream with sprinkles, I am glad my kids aren't the only ones to "waste" a good ice cream opportunity...sorry Nordy's was so busy, that takes the fun out of shopping. Happy b-day to your neice she is a cutie!
You three look so good in that picture. Do you all always dress that nice? (I think my mom and sisters and I are rarely in anything more than t-shirts from Old Navy!) unless it's Sunday. Sadly.
I'm glad to hear that I didn't miss too much missing the Nordstrom sale. Hopefully by next year I'll have my figure back! I do love Nordstroms!
Sounds like a fun day! I love Frosted Rock....hmmm.....I think I need to go there before we head back to PA. :)
Megan is very cute. What a fun day to share with sisters, mom and cousins.
Did Megan like her scooter?
Post a Comment