Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Jill!

Today is Jill's birthday! She is my older sister by four years and the eldest sibling in our family. She was always my idol growing up. Too bad I didn't choose to act like her more often! I would have had lots more friends and spent a lot less time being grounded! Ha!

Jill is:

a nuturer



an excellent friend to many

very thoughtful

a great hostess

avid reader



ingenious creator



spider-hater- there was no way she was coming to Australia!

vacuum-lover

talented home decorator- always cozy, comfortable, and visually pleasing



great dip and pie maker- we love to assign her dips and desserts b/c they're always delicious

top-notch gift giver (here the recipient is Michelle)



lifesaver- she willingly babysits nieces/nephews when help is needed, despite the chaos!



lover of Good Mail



international traveler



gifted photographer



family photo taker- she has always taken great family photos and makes sure we document everything!



These are just a few of my favorite things about Jill. I am posting this late b/c I am busy watching her kids so she can have a great day to herself. We went to the Children's Garden at Thkg Point and now we're back home relaxing.

Hope you're having a good day Jill. Love you!
Click here to wish her a Happy Birthday and check out her new 100 list of things about her (#200-300).

7 comments:

Cecilia said...

What a great tribute to your sister! She is really a great friend!

I'm glad to know you girls and learn from your examples everyday!

Happy Birthday Jill!

Heidi said...

I love that you and your sister trade babysitting so much -- what a benefit not only to you two but to your kids who get to know and love their cousins more. I hope your sister had a great birthday!

Jill said...

Thanks Robyn, this is so sweet!

Thanks also for having the kids over so that I could go out yesterday without fretting, I really appreciate it.

Laurie said...

You and Jill remind me of my sister & me. Completely different, but appreciative of each other. What a nice post for her birthday!

Kim Sue said...

sweet post for your sister...saying nice things about someone is the best present! well watching her kids might be pretty great too :0)

Bond Girl 007 said...

hey what a nice post about missy jill. Funny, jill is 4 years younger than me, exactly the same age as my brother boan, and then we have Danny which is exactly 5 years younger than Boan, so you are a whole 8 years younger than me, but I seem to be excited to have friends all ages, specially with Blogging...so I am glad we got to reconect not just passing by maybe at Jill's but into each other's lives.
Happy birhtday Jill!

amy gretchen said...

Great list. Hope it was a great birthday jill.