Friday, July 11, 2008

Do you hear that sound?

It's the sound of scissors going CHOP! I cut my hair on Tuesday and it felt great. Lori and I both needed a cut so we arranged for her cute friend from hair school, Whitney, to come over. Lori made a great roast dinner which we enjoyed first, then we got down to business. I showed Whitney some photos in a hair magazine (I always feel funny doing that- it's not like they can magically turn me into that person, but it's good to have a reference) then she went to work.



Here I am, trying to get out of the house with my kids hanging all over me! They were all saying, "I want to go with you!" Also see hair as a 'Before' photo b/c I forgot to take one at Lori's.



Here I am with nervous excitement on my face. I was biting my nails (mentally) Am I really going to do this?! I never cut my hair shorter than ponytail length...



Here's Whitney doing her thing- no going back now!



This is all my hair on the floor and I love it- all that shaggy mop of a head- GONE!



Lori took this 'After' photo for me. Wow, it felt so light. Totally different look, I was still in shock at this point.



I took this photo today. I'm getting used to doing it now. I love that it takes less than 5 minutes. I am free of the burden of my annoying, frizzy, crazy hair. Yay!

14 comments:

Heidi said...

I love it Robyn! So cute! You look really good with short hair and how nice to be able to get up & get going faster.

Shauna said...

It looks great. I love my new short hair. I had a hard time getting used to it but fell in love when I learned how to do it. Congrats on a good thing.

Midge said...

you look super cute. i'm itching to cut my hair short but i think ike would go through withdrawls.

Jamie said...

You are so brave to have chopped your hair off, but it looks darling. I bet it makes it so easy as a running-mom-on-the-go. I love it!

Unknown said...

you look gorgeous, that is a very flattering cut! Have fun with it!

Chantel said...

sooooo cute. It makes me want to be brave.

Jill said...

I think it turned out cute!

Carrie said...

hubba hubba! love the short hair do. I am a huge lover of short hair and would never be able to go back to long, myself.

Bond Girl 007 said...

hey congratulations, doesn't feel liberating? you mourn your hair loss, but the new excitment of a new style is just overwhelming and fabulous. Glad to see you were ready for a change, specially with all the heat in summer. Wow, it looks tres chic...you should fluf it a bit, it would look awesome, I think.
What did the kids say?

Britney said...

Robyn! I love it! You look so beautiful (as always!) Does Jared like it? Does he care? I know some husbands have a things about their wives cutting off their hair (mine personally doesn't care what I do, but I know some do.) I love it! I looks great on you!

melanie said...

I LOVE your hair Robyn! It looks great on you, a perfect choice! Your nervous smile is funny. Glad you like it too.

amy gretchen said...

I really like it and what a bonus that it takes only 5 minutes to do.

Laurie said...

I can imagine how good it must feel. Cute too!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Going short takes some guts- it's so weird how our hair is such a part of our identity! The cut totally changes the shape of your face- very cute and flattering.