
Every time I sit and try to determine an appropriate title for my blog posts, songs always come to mind. It's hard to fight the urge sometimes. Today, however, I must embrace the inspiration. Love you George.

Freedom is mine! We got our car today!! I was beginning to think it would never happen. The purchase of the car happened over a week ago, but due to Christmas we couldn't get it here until this past Friday. This morning we went to the dealer and were able to pick it up. (I am too lazy to go downstairs and get my camera to post actual photos, so this stock photo will have to do) You get the drift. It's in great condition- low miles, very clean, the inside looks brand new. We got a great deal on it and are very happy to have it. Our kids love it! However, they were a bit confused when they got in and looked at the ceiling and said with wonder, "Where is the TV?" Even Ashley said "Show" and pointed to the ceiling. Seriously.

The other wonderful, joyous event that happened today is that Jared and I got our phones. We've stopped in at Verizon a few times, but I guess we just weren't dedicated enough to deal with the sales guys or desperate enough to put in the time. It feels good to have our own numbers. I am sure Mom is almost as happy about this purchase as the previous one (car) since she has been kind enough to share her cell phone with us the past couple weeks. You are a saint, Mom, thank you.

The last purchase of the day was our registration for the SLC Half Marathon. Jared and I are in training. Are you IN? I downloaded the 11-week training schedule and it's very DO-able. I have been running about 5 miles every other day the past couple weeks thinking that I gotta get serious, but the site says to take it easy and even run as little as 15-30 min every other day, with one long run on the Saturday. Almost anyone can do that. Anyway... I am looking forward to this as Jared and I have never done a race together. He's usually the big hitter when it comes to races (marathons, half-marathons, triathalons, etc) I am more of a 5K kind of girl. Just click here: SLC Half Marathon if you are interested in joining us. I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for the abilities that my body enjoys. I love the fact that I can run and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. I am looking forward to doing this race and think of it as a 'celebration' of the gift I have been given, a healthy body. This is a freedom I enjoy; freedom from pain, sickness, disease, etc.
So today I am celebrating! Freedom! C'mon who's singing with me?
8 comments:
Congrats on your freedom! I'm sure it feels so nice to have your own things again.
I have to comment about your running the 1/2 marathon. Isn't it so true how we take our healthy bodies for granted. My good friend lost her 14 year old daughter to cancer a year ago. Since then she has been training and has run in 2 half marathons. I so admire her strength. Every time I want to skip the gym, I remind myself how healthy I am and that I need to live strong, Lizzie Style. Way to go on your training! You can do it!
Hope you had a great Christmas and have a wonderful New Year!!
Congrats on your new car amd phones! It was easy sharing mine with you b/c you were so willing to run all my errands. I even had Jared calling my friend from MD and arranging a dinner date with them b/c he had my phone! How much better could I get it? I am so happy for you because I know how hard it's been. It's over!
Yay for the minvan and having your own phone and Yay for registering for the race! I know that you will do great! The biggest thing I had to learn in training is just to concentrate on the long runs and trying not to run them too fast. Once your body is used to running for two hours, on race day the adrenaline will carry you through. Until my knee heals, I'll have to "run" vicariously through you, so keep the updates coming. I'm so excited for you and for Jared to be doing this together. :D Good luck!
I am playing major catch up. Congrats on yiur new found freedom!
I'm not going to lie, I started singing along. I'm so glad you are now in charge. It would be so hard without a car.
Happy New Year!
The car looks great! Congrats!
I am anxious for the day that we get a car like that - next year - and even more anxious for the day I can start exercising again (right now I'm on dr's orders not to and it's hard to be this lazy!).
Good luck with training!
That's great news! I couldn't exist long without my cell or car!
Love the Honda Odyssey photo. Congratulations!
Good luck on your race. I loved training for the race even better than the race. You are so smart to start early.
Post a Comment