The fact that I am posting about Christmas should tell you how I am feeling about New Year's Resolutions right now. I'm not ready to think about it. I don't want to think about it. Maybe by next Monday I will be there.
I wanted to post a bunch of photos from Christmas but Blogger is not cooperating and I am annoyed and tired... so I will just write. It's better than not posting at all, right? Normally I would just give up and go to bed, but that is why I often have big gaps btween my posts.
Christmas seems like an eternity away already. I don't know why. Austin has only had two weeks off of school, but it may as well have been a month. I am really not looking forward to getting up early tomorrow morning and starting the schedule again. I guess it's a good thing- to have a schedule and get into the routine but I sure liked sleeping in! Probably b/c I always go to bed too late. I don't know why I hate going to bed early. Take now for instance, here it is, 9 pm, and I am ready to start a movie or settle in to read a book. I just don't value my sleep enough, I guess.
On New Year's Eve we went to Rich and Kaylyn's house about 8pm. We put Ashley to sleep (and left her with Mom and Pop here) and took Austin and Olivia with us. We played Guitar Hero and Scum (the card game) all night. It was a lot of fun. I think it's the first year our kids have stayed up til midnight. They played so well with all the kids (there were a few other couples there with kids). We hardly saw them all night long. I just love that (not that I don't love my kids, but..) when you can enjoy socializing with friends and your kids play well with the other kids there. So nice. We had some good food and enjoyed hanging out. However, I was a wreck the next day since we didn't actually get to bed until after 1 am. I could not snap out of it. I was SO tired and grumpy all day. We took the kids to Alvin and the Chipmunks (which did not help my bad mood, it was AWFUL!) After that we came home and cleaned out and rearranged the storage room at my parent's house. It's our fault we had to do all the work, our shipment is supposed to arrive soon. But that doesn't make it enjoyable. The good part was we talked Mom into getting rid of some of the junk she's been holding onto (in hopes of giving it to someone who needs it, like a dryer or a rocking chair, etc) but it really cleared up a lot of space. It's good to know that there is room in there. Now, where is our stuff?!
The new car has been great. It's so clean and in really good condition, we are really happy with it. I can see myself drifting over to the minivan club after all. It makes a lot of sense. There is so much more room in there- you really feel comfortable. I have always liked the 7 seater SUV type-thing, but there is so much room in the cargo area and moving between seats. I love that the kids can get in there by themselves and there is that cool automated sliding door thing. Not bad.
I had a really relaxed day at home today with the kids. Jared went out to see a few friends, go to Home Depot, pick up a remote key for the car, etc. So in between laundry, I played Scrabble Junior with Austin. Such a good game for him! He is at the perfect age to spell his own words, it's fun watching him 'get it'. Poor Olivia kept saying "When is my turn?" so I played the reverse side with her which is for younger kids. Austin and I also played Battleship. Olivia helped me make Lentil Soup and I played Play Doh with Ashley. I was putting in some SERIOUS Good Mom hours today. It's good b/c some days I feel like I don't have time to drop everything and do things like this. Good day.
Friday, January 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad to know you had some nice, relaxing down time with your family. Has it been weird adjusting to life in the US again? Hope your New Year is going well. Take care!
Good for you about the mom hours. Why is it so hard to do when you love them so much.
If I'm up for it I always enjoy cleaning out storage/attic and gettin rid of junk. Even though you don't see it all the time the house seems lighter. Is all your stuff coming from AU going into storage?
Congrats on the new car.
I'm glad you posted another comment to tell me that it was you...the ex-fiance's name is Jared and it kind of freaked me out since he's posted on my blog before! The joys of past relationships.
You do need to value your sleep time more but I know why this happens. You finally get the kids to bed and you need so 'me' time. It's a well known story in most homes with kids. (By the way, tell me I didn't let you take my rocking chair to D.I., did I? I don't remember saying yes to that one.)
I'm so happy you like your van. Wait till you go on a "road trip" You just put all the kids in the back with a portable DVD player and throw food to them when they are hungry. haha.
That Scrabble Junior game sounds like such a good idea!! Way to go on the good Mommy-kid time. You've inspired me to do better in that department.
Post a Comment