
Yesterday the kids had a good time at the Primary activity. There were four different stations for them to go to- one was a cute gratitude turkey, another was Christmas bingo, third was gingerbread houses, and last was get well cards for a child in the ward who is sick.

Austin and Olivia loved the gingerbread houses. The piles of M&Ms, gummy bears, and other candies may have had something to do with it. I think Austin's face shows the joy... or is that the sugar high?
It was cute to see what they chose to write on the feathers of their gratitude turkey. Olivia chose to write the names of those she loves: Mom, Dad, Bella, Ashley, Austin, Whitney and Courtney. Sorry for those family members who were not included. I was just glad she included all of our immediate family. I wasn't sure Austin or Ashley were going to make it!
After the activity we came home and hung out for a lazy Saturday. Ashley had a nap, Austin went to Cole's house to play and Olivia actually fell asleep on my lap while Lori and I were watching The Lake House. I almost fell asleep myself! Ha. Wasn't a fantastic movie, in my opinion, but Keanu Reeves rarely makes my top list. I think Something's Gotta Give is the only one and that's because he has such a small part.
In the evening we left for Nana's dance recital which didn't turn out as planned but we had some yummy JCW's anyway. The kids loved it. I regret that they ate a lot of junk that day. I vowed they would eat well on Sunday!

I made a lentil soup for dinner today. We put it in the crockpot in the morning and it was ready when we got home from church at 4pm. I am including the recipe b/c it was so easy and healthy, and so many blogreaders have mentioned being vegetarian (or mostly vegetarian).

I love making something like that, with all those fresh ingredients. I love that I know exactly what went into it. My kids ate it with a little cheese melted on top and with fresh French bread. We also had some salad on the side. Mom, Pop, and Lori also enjoyed some with us.

Hearty Lentil Soup
3 medium potatoes, diced
1 cup chopped onion
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
5 beef bouillon cubes
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
1 tsp salt
2 med zucchini, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 small turnip, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
5 cups water
1/2 lb lentils
1/4 tsp. pepper
Put everything in the crockpot except zucchini. Set it on low and simmer 8-9 hours. Then turn the cooker to high and add zucchini. Cook another hour until it's tender. Serves 10-12. Freezes well.
8 comments:
Yum that soup looks so good. Especially on a rainy windy Sunday like today. I will be making it for sure.
I'm glad you included the recipe. Adam and I have been trying to eat more vegetables as the main course and he has mentioned lentils so this looks like the one to try. THanks. I'm so jealous your kids will eat it.
The activity looks like a lot of fun. Their gingerbread house put ours to shame.
I don't think the lake house is the best movie but I liked it.
Sounds like a fun weekend! I loved that idea with the thankful turkeys. We tried the "thankful" list for FHE last night and Zane was thankful for his Spiderman suit most of all. Nice, I know. Thanks for adding the recipe to that soup! You should add it to the recipe blog, or I can, if you don't mind. It looks delicious and I love having something in the crock pot, especially after 1-4 church. I must admit that Andy and I did like The Lake House, but it was a little long.
Thanks for posting the recipe. Looks like one everyone in our house will enjoy and we live off of crock pot meals on days when I work at my office!
I think Olivia's gratitude turkey is hilarious.
That soup looks good, I'm glad you posted pictures along with the recipe.
I actually liked The Lake House, but wasn't expecting to like it at all.
Yummy! Thanks for the recipe. Love the Crock Pot. Not only is it so easy, I just love the smell of the food cooking in the house. I have some soup in mine right now and am loving it.
Tried the soup today for dinner. Love it. Had to cook mine a little longer but I think it is my prehistoric crock pot. This is definitely a keeper. Hope you will keep posting recipes.
oh yum....growing up my mom did a lot of lentil soup...so much that i don't like it that much...although have found it comforting lately....i have a lentil salad that is really good, will send you the recipie...
nic epictures..
Post a Comment