One of my favorite quotes:
"God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but only about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, He will increase our capability. " - Elder Neal A. Maxwell
Today I was feeling overwhelmed and I realized, I am such an idiot! Why do I forget that I am not expected to do it on my own? I can ask for help. I don't just mean from my friends or family, I mean I can pray and ask for support and strength and I truly believe that it will be given to me. Why is that so easy to forget? Why do I think, for a moment, that I can go about all this on my own? I was glad that I had a moment of clarity, quick and fleeting as it may have been, and realized this simple truth. It helped me to feel better today. Helped me deal with it all.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow what a fantastic quote...we loved elder maxwell he was a very good friend of my parents...soo much insight in this little quote. I CAN'T believe you are going to bed and we are about going on our day...that is weird sometimes....hope you do realize that He is there for you to help you. Overwhelmed is only natural to feel with such big endeavor comming up, but you can do it, and then just take time to respite and build energy again.
We forget because we a mere mortals here to learn until we know it so well we can't forget! I feel like I make the same mistakes over and over again. It's so frustrating, but the epiphany is just as sweet even when it's repeated.
Post a Comment