Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stuff



There is no title for my random post today. I haven't been posting alot lately b/c I have been so busy and distracted that I just can't even brin myself to sit down and attempt to collect my thoughts. There seems to be so much going through my head at any given time. Sometimes I am driving in the car with Ashley and the poor thing, I almost forget she is there because I am lost in my thoughts. Does anyone else do this? Then I snap out of it and start chatting with her again. She is so talkative lately, it is so cute. It's been fun to watch her little personality come out- she is a crack up. Tonight we had the missionaries for dinner and she had them laughing the whole time, making faces, saying silly things, etc.




I did want to post some photos from our cousins' bday party recently. Nathan and Colby had a joint Pirate party last weekend and the kids had a blast. I loved the cakes and had to post them in case any of you are considering the theme yourselves. They were great.



Austin and Olivia were so excited to go. Olivia was a "Pirate Princess" as if there is such a thing. Just an excuse for her to dress up and include pink in the outfit. She loved her version of a pirate costume and thought it was cool that we got to cut her old jeans for the occasion. Note she still wore her ballerina flats, her favorite shoes.



The kids jumped on the trampoline the WHOLE time. I have decided we must get one as SOON as possbile. The only problem is that Ashley also wanted to jump the whole time so one of us had to be out there constantly. We'd have to get one with the netting around it to keep her contained. She just goes crazy and has no perception of the imminent danger.



This week hasn't been too busy so far. Tomorrow I have a meeting and Friday I am going to Currumbin Wildlife Park with friend Mala (to make use of our passes). Saturday Austin has a game and then we have Elise's baby's 1st birthday in the afternoon. Lori, do you remember you were at her baby shower? Can you believe she is a year old?

Jared has just recently informed me that he'll be gone for pretty much all of September. I don't know how I will do it. At least Ashley is going into nursery THIS SUNDAY (Woo hoo) so I won't have to deal with her but I will still have all three in Sacrament each week, by myself, and during the week. Ugh. Maybe I can add another day to Olivia's preschool schedule. Ha ha. I seriously would love to get away to a spa retreat. I was looking at the website for This one near us and I would just love to do it. I have no idea how much it is- at least $1000 I would think. I can dream, right?

I also just found out that Snow patrol is coming to Brisbane soon. Maybe I can plan a girls night and go to the concert. I can't remember the last concert I went to. I think it may have been John Mayer when I was pregnant with Olivia. Lori and Jill, do you remember that one at Deer Valley? Adam was there too. It was so good. Oh well, I will have to check into it.



This has been a great week at the gym so far. On Monday I did the spin class, which I usually avoid since I am a wimp. It was really good. I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be the next day. So maybe I can do it again. On Tuesday I did step which is still my favorite I think. I used to love step aerobics. So many memories of the old Gold's Gym in Provo! My freshman year at BYU. Anyway, today I ran on the treadmill for 30 min then did the 'Wave' machine for 15. Do you have these things? I hadn't seen them before. It's like rollerblading on a machine. It's pretty hard but man I bet it's great for the butt and thighs. I have also been trying to eat better. For the past 6 months (at least) I have been eating whatever, whenever. I really haven't been feeling great, but I got into the habit and couldn't seem to get out. So this week I have started writing down what I eat and I have been sticking to 3 meals and 2 small snacks a day. I have noticed such a big difference. Normally I snack too often, like whenever the kids eat, I eat. This week I have been watching my portion sizes and kept snacks to something small like an apple or banana, granola bar, etc. It's funny how such small changes can make a difference. I have been checking out Chloe's blog too- she has some great recipes on there- most are Weight Watchers or some healthy version. Thanks Chloe, I am really enjoying the recipes. Tonight I made the taco salad one with the creamy cilantro dressing. Quite tasty. By the way, I LOVE your name Chloe and if I ever have another girl (it's a long shot) I think I will name her Chloe Elizabeth. No Mom, don't get your hopes up.

Tomorrow I get my hair colored thankfully. I can't believe how much gray hair I have this year. It's just suddenly come in strong. I am so glad that she was able to fit me in- I don't like looking like I am 32! Oh wait, I am 32!

8 comments:

chloe said...

First, those cakes are fabulous.

Second, I wonder if we were ever working out at Gold's together. I spent many, many hours in step classes between 1995 and 2001 (with a little hiatus for the mission). Did you ever take classes from Rhonda (I think that was her name) or Darren? Oh, the memories.

Third, I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe. I'm trying a new one for tomorrow. I'll be sure to post it.

chloe said...

Oh, and last, while a whole day at the spa may not be feasible, as an esthetician (non-practicing at the moment) a good facial can do wonders and will run you about $100. Now, I could not afford that at the moment, but if you can, it's well worth it.

Robyn said...

Chloe, I totally remember Rhonda... Darren is not ringing bells, probably because I would never do hip hop! Claudia was my favorite! I was there btwn 94-97. I am sure I saw you there. Funny to think that we could have been next to each other in class or on the treadmill.

Lori Susan and Alan made the cakes. I thought they were amazing. I was thinking of you and your old Mrs Fields designing cakes- days. I loved them right down to the Rolo powder kegs and the little malt balls for cannons. The treasure box was also great with gold coins and gummy worms and loot hanging out.

Jill said...

Olivia looks daring in her girl-pirate ensemble. The cakes are mighty impressive (I missed the gene that allows for that sort of creativity.)

I think you and the kids should just move back here now and then let Jared follow when he's ready. You can get a trampoline here and get one with a safety net around it. Just an idea!

Jamie said...

Wow! Those bday cakes look like fun. Our Bday "season" is coming fast around the corner, so any ideas I can get are great.
I think that wave thing sounds like fun. I used to rollerblade in the Parkway and that totally works your butt and thighs (something I have way too much of.)
Your eating schedule motivates me, though. I totally eat whenever the kids eat and if they don't finish their lunch, I always find myself munching on the rest of theirs.

Anonymous said...

What great cakes!! Keep the photos for future reference. Austin and Olivia look so cute in their costumes. Olivia is such a girly-girl. Didn't you tell her pirate princesses didn't even WEAR shoes? Take Jill's advice on the trampoline.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cakes! There are few parties better than pirate parties! Your kids look big and adorable! I can't believe how grown-up they are!

I too would love a trampoline, but I heard that it affects your homeowner's insurance -- so I'm not sure if we'll ever get one or not; my kids would love one though.

It sounds like you are staying incredibly busy. I can completely relate to the being lost in your thoughts. If only I was there or you were here, we could at least go get a pedicure together! It may not be a spa weekend, but it would be...something!

michelle said...

I made that treasure chest cake for Lucas 3 years in a row! (He liked it so much we had to keep doing it.) The pirate ship one is adorable, and I'm glad to see Olivia could customize the pirate gear to her liking.

Big bummer about Jared being gone for most of September!