This past week has been fun for us. Sorry this is boring and long- skip over if you are uninterested. For my journaling/documenting purposes.
On Monday we went to gymnastics, where I always get to chat and catch up with my friend Natalie, Georgia's mom. Georgia and Olivia just LOVE each other (see photo above) and look forward to going to gymnastics every Monday. Ashley and Gabriella are only 2 months apart so they also have fun together. Here are the 4 girls at Currumbin Wildlife Park a few weeks ago.
That night we had dinner at Mum and Dad's house. Mum cooked a roast, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and pumpkin... the works. Jared was in heaven!
Tuesday morning was my baking group. I had to host it at the last minute b/c the original hostess had a child with chicken pox. It was quite appropriate that I did because the theme was breads and three of us made something with pumpkin! How funny! I loved it. I made Pumpkin Pecan bread, another made Pumpkin Choc. Chip bread, and someone else made Pumpkin Pie. The other girl made a savoury bread with Sun dried tomato and spinach- which I also loved. So good.
That afternoon we had soccer practice (only 2 weeks left) and then after dinner I went to Thelma's house to help her sew something for my other friend Helen. (Lori, you remember Thelma? She is my VT, she is so sweet)

Wednesday Mum organized for all the girls to go see No Reservations at 11am. Chelsea was kind enough to watch the kids at my house. So she had Fyn (her own son), Colby (Susan's), Olivia and Ashley, & Courtney (Katherine's) all here for 2 hours. It was so nice to get out and enjoy the movie and not worry about the kids or have to pay a babysitter! It was a nice movie- a little contrived- reminded me of You've Got Mail or Sleepless in Seattle. Did that Nora lady write it? Anyway... I liked it and was glad for the break. Later I took the kids to the library. They love it. I have to limit the books they check out (Mom, do you remember when we used to get huge stacks in the summer at the one in Cascade?) I found two that interested me as well- Eating for Immunity by Kirsten Hartvig and one by Bob Greene, Oprah's trainer. I want to find some new healthy recipes to try. That night I had a First Aid/CPR course nearby at Robina. It's a two week course and it covers all the general stuff but specifically for parents. It's been about 10 years since I last certified so I thought it was good that I updated it.

On Thursday morning I went to work at the gym. I was SOOO tired for some reason, so I left a bit early. It's only a 3 hour session each week that I have to volunteer to get my free gym membership. Not too bad. I am thinking of looking into the personal training/nutrition that they have there- I might be able to work part time and get a free membership that way. Just barely started looking into this but might be developing into something soon. I hate that I have a degree and don't use it!
That afternoon Austin had gymnastics and Olivia had tap class at the PCYC, which is like the YMCA. The classes are only $4 each so it's fun and cheap. They love it. That day Jared was in Townsville for the day so I made an easy dinner and went to bed right after the kids- 8:30!! Unprecedented.
Friday I was happy to drop Olivia at preschool and Austin at school. I came home to get myself organized b/c I had a scrapbook night that evening and I haven't done ANYTHING for like a year. Seriously. I tried to put Ashley to bed while I did that but it didn't work. My friend Prue called and was going to the mall so I gave in and we went to Pacific Fair. I was surprisingly NOT in the mood to shop. When does that happen?! Especially considering we just got a huge tax return (almost $5000 that we really need!) I did find something for myself and Jared at Mambo, Lori's fav Aussie store. I thought of you Lori! Prue and I had lunch there. There is a great new place called Salad Central that I love. Imagine Subway for salads, but GOOD! They have things like Tandoori Chicken, Arugula and Pesto, Grilled Pumpkin salad, Caesar, etc. Later I picked Austin up from school, we went grocery shopping (vital to do withOUT Olivia) then picked up Olivia at 3:30. Visited Mum and Dad quickly since she needed my Achievement Day CDRom. She is a little overwhelmed with her new calling. Jill, I need to have you email her. I am sure you have tons of great ideas. Anyway, after a nice Thai dinner I went to Kristy's for scrapbooking and completed one layout in about 2 hours. I am not complaining! That's more than I have done in a long time.
This morning is gorgeous. I met Natalie at the beach and we went for a 45 minute run. I love that she likes to exercise and that we can run together. We are going to start going every Saturday morning at 6:30. It felt SO good to finish a great run and start the day that way. I love the feeling. I came home and made pancakes for the kids. I love the Pumpkin Pecan pancake recipe I got from Britney. Jared took Austin to his soccer game at 10 then he will come back to drop off Austin and go play in a rugby game at 12. Later, we have friends from church coming over at 5 for dinner so I had better start getting things together. Can tomorrow really be Sunday already?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDON!!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE THE GIFT WE GOT FOR YOU!!!!
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, this sounds like a ton of stuff going on, no wonder you haven't been posting. Maybe it's always like this but seems more manageable in smaller doses or something. Phew!
A $5000 tax return for real? Are you buying plane tickets with that money? Good grief. We had to pay this year!
Landon got the nice book you sent for his birthday, thanks so much.
Wow, Rob, it's no wonder you fell into be at 8:30 right after the kids. I'm tired just reading. I am so happy that you are doing things with many friends and miss you all so much. Yes, I do remember those huge stacks of books from the library in Cascade!!
Wow! That sounds like a busy week! I don't know how you keep up with it all. You'll have to share your secret recipe for energy with me. :D
That run on the beach sounds awesome. You are so lucky!
Post a Comment