Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day



On my way to bed but just a quick post to share what I did on Mother's Day today. Jared made me a great breakfast of bacon, veggie omlette, fruit, and yogurt. He also got me a nice bunch of flowers yesterday. (not the best photo)



The kids couldn't wait to give me their cute little projects from school. I love those drawings and little poems. Austin made a 'cup of tea' at school and I thought it was the cutest thing. He kept telling me every day that he had something hidden in his pj drawer and I couldn't look b/c it was a surprise for Mother's Day. It's made from a marshmallow with chocolate and sprinkles on top, half of a Lifesaver for handle, and a cookie on the bottom.



After church Jared also took care of lunch. I firmly believe in having at least one day off per year! I did get to relax a bit before I had to make some dinner to take over to Monica's (J's aunt) for our family dinner. We had a nice meal there with his parents, sister, cousins, etc. For dessert there was Pavlova and cheesecake. Yum.

While we were there I got the cutest photo of Ashley. It's so hard to get pictures of her b/c she won't sit still and doesn't smile for the camera... but this time I got lucky thanks to the SLR. I love it. Cute overalls from Amy for her bday. They fit perfectly.



A photo of Austin picking flowers for me at Monica's



Olivia modeling the necklace she made with beads from her birthday present.



Really enjoyed the talks today at church and feeling very lucky for what I have. Thanks Jared for pampering me and showing me love today. Thanks to my kids for the sweet things they made me. Thanks to my own Mom for being a great example. Thanks to my Mum who takes good care of us. I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day! If you are not a mother yourself I hope you called your own mom today to tell her that you love her!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

What cute photos! Glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day. Mine has been nice too.

Anonymous said...

That little tea cup is the cutest thing I have seen!!!!!!

I'm glad Jared was in town!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Your kids looks so big and so old! Love Austin's long hair -- very cool.

Anonymous said...

P.S. (I've done a lot of these today...) I love your family photo. You look so beautiful!

Jill said...

It's fun to see all of these photos. I'm still not used to seeing Austin's hair so long! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day and that Jared and the kids took good care of you.

Elizabeth said...

SO glad you had a great day. I love my homemade gifts also. Mostly how excited they are to give them.

Anonymous said...

Tell Jared that he really gave you the royal treatment and I'm so proud of him! The photos of the kids and the little 'cup of tea' from Austin is adorable. I especially loved that he told you where it was and not to look! I'm glad it was a nice Mother's Day for you.