Sunday, April 29, 2007

My List



On my birthday Jared sent me a really sweet email with this list of 32 Things he loves about me. It meant so much to me, almost more than any present he could've bought me... not that this gets him out of a present! I hope you don't mind that I am sharing it, Jared. I loved that you thought to do this.

You married me
You are a great cook
You give me fashion tips
You are a fantastic mother
You support my rugby addiction
You help me to be a better person
You like to run
You like to keep fit
You work hard at your callings
Your scrap book talents
You take time out for the kids
You bought me a BBQ
You remind me that there’s no such thing as “dressy jeans”
You love socializing
You find time for others
You like to travel
You speak Thai
You come from a good family who are normal for the most part
You clean a lot



You have strong opinions (still not sure about this one)
You have a strong testimony
You dress up like a fairy (for the kids too) ha ha
You tolerate my Dad
You set goals to improve yourself and our family
You’re a great kisser
You make the best cinnamon rolls
You actually moved to Australia, 7 months pregnant
You like the beach
You didn’t freak out too much when I bought our first house
You’re learning the Australian National Anthem
You’re clumsy, in a cute way
Did I mention that you married me?

Thanks Jared! I feel lucky to have someone who appreciates me and all my quirks.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is a great list. And how fun to have it documented here. So much birthday fun all week long. That is my kind of celebration.

Jill said...

This is a sweet list and definitely a good gift. I would print it and frame it for a good reminder, especially on the hard days.

What's up with the comment about coming from a good family...for the most part? I didn't think he considered any of us good. Ha.

Robyn said...

Oh, he's just being sarcastic about the family. We both tease one another about our families. Like we'll say, "oh, if I had known..." He loves you guys. You hook him up with Coke and imitate his accent. That's love.

Anonymous said...

Rob, this list brought tears to my eyes, how sweet it is. Give Jared a huge hug for me and tell him I love him too for giving you this great present.

Jamie said...

What a nice list from your hubby. It is so nice to know that you are not only loved, but appreciated, too.
And please forgive me for bringing this up (you know I love ya) but you really do make the best cinnamon rolls. :D

amy gretchen said...

how awesome and sweet of him to do that for you. I'm with jill, print it out so you can be reminded of this every day.

michelle said...

That is so cute that Jared made the list for you! I am cracking up about him saying your family is normal for the most part. Doesn't that describe all families? What a wonderful gift.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that cried just a little from reading this. It was so sweet and a fantastic gift! You have a terrific husband -- it must be b/c of the cinnamon rolls and good kissin'!