Sorry Olivia, I am just now posting about your birthday! On Wednesday, Olivia turned 4 years old! She had a great day, even though a little of her thunder was stolen by the fact it was Anzac Day.
Her first present of the day was from Nana and Papa (Barbie doll above). She absolutely LOVED it and didn't leave it alone for a few hours. That, to me, is a GREAT gift!! Just keeps on giving....
A little later, Nanny and Grandad came over with their gift. It was a special box full of fun stuff for Olivia; stickers, scissors, erasers, colored pencils, clips, cute pattered tape, glue stick, etc. She was really happy about that and proceeded to play happily with that gift.
She got a package from Jill, and family, containing 3 sets of Hello Kitty dolls (here they are, set up on her bookshelf) and a darling dress from Whitney, which may take a few years to grow into, but she loved it!
Amy and family sent her a cute Pet Shop set which she and Austin played with all night last night. It was great to add them to her growing collection of Pet Shops.
Later in the afternoon, about 4pm, we went to the sunset Anzac Memorial at Mudgeeraba. It was nice for the kids to have the experience and for us to explain that it's a day to remember those who have fought for the freedom of Australia (and New Zealand). (ANZAC stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps) Here are the kids, along with cousin James, posing next to an old army truck.
Following the tradition, here are some things we love about Olivia. We can't limit it to just 4, so here are 25 things since her birthday is on April 25th:
1. Her sassy personality
2. Her cute sense of style (she'll say "Mom, this matches, doesn't it?)
3. She loves to have her nails painted
4. When she sleeps (that's from Jared)
5. Her 'leadership' qualities (some might say bossy)
6. She loves to wear skirts every day
7. She loves pink
8. When she grows up she wants to be "a Barbie Princess"
9. She loves cucumbers, carrots, and cheese
10. When she says things like, "We love sugar, don't we Mom?"
11. She loves to sing Primary songs
12. She still sucks her thumb when she's tired
13. Her bleach blonde hair that curls just a little
14. She loves to give kisses and hugs
15. The way she talks with such emotion, whether it's happiness, curiosity, or anger
16. Her high pitched scream- ouch
17. She is a great sleeper and always has been
18. She loves to bake with me
19. When she says, "Mom, you look pretty today"
20. She loves gymnastics and swimming
21. The funny look on her face when she is embarassed
22. She loves to dress up
23. She is a negotiator
24. She has been talking as long as I can remember
25. We never know what's going to come out of her mouth next!
This is her birthday invite to the Princess Party next Saturday. I copied the cake design so I hope it resembles a castle, at least a little bit. Inside it says "Hear ye, hear ye Princess Olivia is holding a Royal Ball..."
7 comments:
I love alll the photos of Olivia with her gifts. She looks so happy! Her party invitation is darling and I wish so badly Icould be there to help with it.
Two birthdays in one week! Happy belated birthday to both of you. It sounds like great birthdays this year. I love the castle/ball invites. Can't wait to see more....
What a great list! Her blond hair is so adorable! Cute invite too, can't wait for the party photos.
Happy Birthday to Olivia! The dress wasn't a hand-me-down to grow in to, it was the dress that she never took off the whole time she was at our house. It's the ultimate dress-up dress.
Oh, sorry Jill. I forgot. I guess I didn't recognize it. She loves it. I guess she can dress up until it fits her for church. thank you!
Those invitations are super cute...how creative! Sounds like such a nice day. Does everyone get off work for ANZAC Day, like they do here for Memorial Day? Have you watched Gallipoli yet?
I had a Barbie head like that when I was little! Oh, I loved that thing. Your invitations for her party were darling.
Post a Comment