Tuesday, April 24, 2007

32nd Birthday



My birthday has come and gone already... isn't it funny how you wait all year and it passes so quickly? I can't believe that I am 32! Jared said it like 100 times today I finally had to threaten him to stop. I don't have any issues with my age/being old... but if he keeps saying it I might! I have to start by saying to Jill- I got your package at 9am ON my birthday. Thank you! I knew you would be dying to know. I didn't post a photo yet but I will post some with Olivia's bday post. We loved it all!

It was a pretty nice day so here is the recap:

Woke up early and went to a class at the gym. (hence my attire/headband in the photo below) It felt good to start the day that way. When I got home, Jared was elbow-deep in the kitchen making breakfast for me. It was really nice; eggs, bacon, toast, fresh oranges and of course yogurt and muesli, my favorite breakfast. We ate outside- it was a beautiful morning.



We dropped off Austin and Olivia at school. It was a wonderful coincidence that my birthday fell on a Tuesday, so Olivia was at preschool all day! I had to rush home to finish Olivia's cupcakes which I took back to the school at 10am for her to share with her class. She was so excited that they were pink (of course!) with sprinkles. We sang Happy Birthday to her with four candles in the cupcakes. She loved it. After that I came home to clean up and get ready for lunch with Mum and Katherine.



Lori, Mom and Pop called about 11:30. I couldn't talk long b/c I was in a hurry to get out the door, but I was really happy to hear from them. I picked up Mum at noon and we headed down to Burleigh Beach for lunch. Katherine was supposed to meet us there. We walked in looking for Katherine and what I found was two long tables of family/friends. I was so surprised. I hadn't even the slightest inkling that something like this might be in the works.



Katherine had sent everyone invitations and organized the whole thing. The restaurant is right on the beach- literally, the balcony hangs right over the water. It was a gorgeous day. Anyway, we had a some appetizers, a nice lunch, and then some chocolate marble cheesecake from The Cheesecake Shop.



I was overwhelmed with the wonderful gifts from everyone. Katherine gave me a gift certificate to David Jones (sort of like Nordstrom), plus she treated me to lunch and brought the cheesecake. Mum gave me a set of scented body spray, shower gel, and lotion. Monica gave me a g.c. to my friend Mireille's fitness company so I can use it for personal training, workout clothes, supplements, etc. Elise gave me a g.c. to a scrapbook store, Chelsea gave me a g.c. for a pedicure, Mala gave me some really cute kitchen towels, rubber spatulas, and silicone oven mitts all in adorable baby pink! Rachel gave me a Donna Hay cookbook called "Simple Chocolate", which was wrapped in the coolest paper from Japan (she used to live there). Rebekah gave me a card and rose. Sue and Shirley gave me a set of tiny espresso mugs with polka dot tray (I think I am allowed to put hot chocolate in them... Ha. They are so cute) I felt really lucky!



The rest of the afternoon wasn't too exciting. I had to hurry from the lunch to pick up Austin from school and took him to soccer. We got Olivia's bday present from Mom and Pop after that, since she wasn't with us. I was very excited to give it to her the next day! After that we picked up Ashley (sleeping at Mum's) and Olivia (at school) then met up with Dad. It was already 5:45. We made the kids some dinner then Mum and Dad came over to bbsit so we could go out.

Jared's real birthday gift to me is horseback riding, which I haven't done in a long time but always LOVED when I was younger. We will be going next Friday so that will be fun.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, what a super nice birthday surprise and loads of great gifts! I'm so delighted that all went so well for you and that Jared's family is taking such good care of you. I'm also thrilled that my present got there on the morning of your birthday (that makes up for last year's delay right?)!

Jamie said...

I'm so happy you had a great day!

Elizabeth said...

Glad you had a great birthday. It sounds like it will last awhile with all those gift cards to use.

melanie said...

Sounds like a great party. I love the spoiling of gift cards, how fun!

Milo and my family surprised me on my 30th. And that was almost 2 years ago. I'll turn 32 this year as well. And I'm happy with my age too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your Aussie family is taking such great care of you! I would have loved to lunch on the beach and receive all those wonderful gifts.

michelle said...

Oh, look how old Ashley is looking!

How fun to have such a birthday surprise and lots of fun gifts to boot! It sounds like a great balance of fun gifts and gift certificates -- always great fun to use. Glad you had a good birthday!