
My sweet little Olivia will be turning 4 in just a few days (Seriously, can it be true?!) So, in honor of that great event, we just had to see THE FAIRIES in concert on Saturday. Jared was the one who saw the commercial and told me about it a couple months ago. I told Katherine, since Courtney, Olivia's cousin, will be turning 3 just days after her. I knew that they would love to go together. It reminded me of the time we took Austin and William (who are also one week apart in age) to see The Wiggles. Olivia was just a little fetus in my stomach at that time!
Anyway, we started off the day with some fairy bread for breakfast, just after we told her the big surprise. Then, as a special treat, I put some makeup on Olivia's face. The makeup that she is always asking for and I always tell her she's too little. I actually didn't put much on her but she thought I did, so she was over the moon. I also painted her toenails. Oh, and of course we both had our fairy wings on and she put on all her fairy/princess gear.
We met up with Katherine and Courtney and headed off to the big show. The girls were so excited. The foyer was filled with little girls in pink, purple, red, green... fairy costumes of every color. Some had wings, masks, hats, tutus, wands, etc. It was so cute. I just thought how fun it was for all these little girls to go to this special show. What a killing they made- there were DVDs, fairy costumes, shoes, masks, CDs, books, wands, everything for sale. They couldn't sell them fast enough. I thought to myself, "I've got to get into this business!" Anyone want to start a fairy show in America?
The show finally started and it didn't disappoint. Olivia was singing all the songs (we have the DVD) and dancing along. They were really good about getting the kids excited and having them count, "Fairy one, fairy two, fairy three" and twinkle their fingers (aka "Jazz hands"). It was really fun for them. The only down side was when Olivia and Courtney collided while dancing and it actually drew blood in Courtney's mouth! So funny. Luckily, she recovered quickly. The show must go on!
We ended by taking them for a rainbow popsicle then Olivia got to swim and play at Courtney's house for the afternoon. What a fun day for her. Wednesday is the actual day so we'll have to do something to make it special. It's ANZAC day here (kind of like Memorial Day) so we'll see. At least Austin and Jared have the day off so we can do something together.
7 comments:
What a great way to celebrate her birthday (and no I can't believe she's already 4)! The pictures are darling. It's cute you put make-up on her, she's beaming in the pictures.
I hope our present gets to her in time, it's NOT on the slow boat this year!
SO CUTE. I love that you had wings too! This is really so cute. I've never heard of The Fairies. I think you are right that a fairy show would be a hit here.
Fabulous day. Sounds like a 4 year olds dream. Love the photos. You both look so darling. Miss not celebrating with you both.
happy birthday to you Robyn!
Sounds like fun! And Happy birthday to you!
The Fairy day looks like so much fun for a 4 yr old. How fun for her to have you dress up too. I bet she thought that was cool.
Happy Birthday Robyn!!
Happy Birthday Robon! Hope you have a great day and get lots of loot.
Post a Comment