Thursday, March 01, 2007

Global Priority Mail




I can't believe that it's been over two weeks and I forgot to post about the great box of stuff my mom sent to me and the kids. She knew I wanted a Timex Ironman watch and I hardly mentioned it in passing and she found this cute one with black and pink! They cost $29.99 at Walmart in the States and they cost $130 AUD here. Crazy. You'd think it was gold plated or something. Go figure.



Anyway, other than the fantastic watch I have been wanting and needing for running, she also sent cards and gifts for the kids. Austin got a Cat's Cradle book with a string. Remember those games we played in elementary school? Cat's Cradle, Jacob's ladder, etc. Well he LOVED it. I got so sick of doing it with him the first few days! (Sorry Mom, he loved it) Olivia broke the string (fortunately or unfortunately) so we haven't been able to use it again. I will have to find a new one or order one at Klutz.com.




Olivia got a set of cute little animals which she quickly packed away in one of her many purses and went off 'shopping' or something with her little herd. Ashley got a little stuffed duck which she put into her mouth, drooled on, then called it her own. I think Olivia soon confiscated it to join the animal gang. (this pretty much sums up Ashley and Olivia's relationship)



We all got Valentine's cards, as well as Ashley and Jared's birthday cards. Mom and Pop went in on Jared's BBQ gift for his birthday, as well as Jill and family. We have thoroughly enjoyed it and have used it, on average, every other day since we got it! I love the fact that BBQ-ing for dinner automatically puts the husband in charge of the meal! This is genius! If I had figured this out before, we would have gotten a BBQ years ago. If you don't have one yet, I would seriously consider it ladies!



Thanks Mom for the good package. It means so much to us that you take the time to buy these things for us, to send them, to choose the cards, to ship them across the world, etc. It makes us feel loved!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm impressed that mom found and bought that watch for you without specific instructions from you, very nice.

That grill looks mighty deluxe, and I agree that it's great that when bbq is involved the men take charge, brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is a cool BBQ! I'm so happy to have gone in on it for Jared. You are welcome for the V's day gifts. We love ya.

Elizabeth said...

I try to get my husband to barbecue often. Besides not having to cook the house seems to empty as the kids go to run around outside while Dad is cooking.

amy gretchen said...

Such an awsome package. Your mom did an excellent job on the watch. Very cool.

What a great idea for a gift. I love having a BBQ when it actually has a tank. It been a few months now.

BTW did Jared get our gift yet? I am sure we used your current address. Let me know it's been over 2 weeks now.

melanie said...

The watch is adorable and if I got packages from around the world, it would make me feel loved too.

That BBQ is awesome. I love when the men cook, dinner is always better when I don't do it all!