
There are 312 days left in the year. I can't believe it's going so fast. I think that my goals need some work! I am going to print out my goals on a small paper to remind me each day. I've been so busy lately. I feel like I haven't improved much so far.
My friend Mireille, the one who taught the Health Guru class that I posted about 2 weeks ago sent some Fit Tips this week. She has a weekly newsletter she does and I thought it might be helpful to some of you who have set goals to be more fit and active.
*********************************************************************
The heading is: But I don’t have the time to exercise!
The number one excuse for not exercising is that I don’t have the time. If you don’t exercise you are saying that you have time to stay unfit or overweight and that you have time in the future for life threatening diseases such as cardiovascular disease or diabetes.
Exercise doesn’t take much time. All you need to find is 30 minutes a day – 3 x 10 minutes if you can’t do it in one block.
5 tips to help you find time to train
• Every Sunday night, sit down with your planner and make appointments with yourself to exercise. And more importantly, keep these appointments – treat these appointments as if they were a doctor’s appointment.
• Do something you enjoy – if exercise is boring or not much fun, you will find any excuse not do it. If it is something that you enjoy doing, you will make the time.
• Place your exercise clothes next to your bed before you go to sleep so they are there to remind you in the morning – exercising in the morning also gives you a fresh start to your day and frees up your night to be with family and friends.
• During your lunchbreak, go for a walk. It will help you perk up for the afternoon.
Encourage workmates or friends to also get fit. It will help you to stay motivated and will also let you socialise at the same time.
• If you have kids, take them for a bike ride or a walk. If they are young, exercise while they are sleeping.
*********************************************************************
I set a goal to run 6k three times a week. I have been pretty successful in that goal. I think I have missed once. I have increased my distance to include one 10k run per week, so that has helped. I think I have run over 20k per week, usually. I plan on doing a 10k in June, so this should be no problem at all. I wish it were the 1/2 marathon but I don't think I am ready for that yet. I guess I should be more optimistic (my other goal for the year!) I really got out of my good workout habits when I went to the States in November. I came back and it was holiday time, then the new year, then Valentine's, then birthdays... we have been on a long streak of bad eating habits and I am just getting my workout routine back into shape. I have been running a few times a week but I haven't been doing the weight training that I need to do, or yoga, which I really enjoy. I have noticed the difference in my body shape.

This is my "Stop the madness" picture. I think it's funny. BTW, Did you know Susan Powter, the original Stop the Insanity chick, is Australian? I don't think they're making any efforts to claim her!

This week I have added the weight training back in and I have STOPPED THE MADNESS with the bad eating habits. Seriously, we have been eating birthday cake and dessert and junk like every day. It must stop. Starting Monday I just said NO and it's felt great. I was feeling so crappy eating like that yet it was like I couldn't stop. I was on autopilot. Too bad my kids are now in the habit of saying, "What's for dessert?" and "Can we have cake?" Not so good when this is at breakfast time!
2 comments:
You're so awesome!
As a 3 week veteran (ha) to the wonderful world of working out I can honestly say there is time when you make it. It's like the Covey example of scheduling the "big rocks" first so that they definitely make it in your schedule and then you're magically able to find time for all the other tiny things you want to do, but if you did the tiny things first the big ones wouldn't fit.
Post a Comment