Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Ashley!




Today is my baby's first birthday. I can't even believe that it's been a year already. I think with each child time speeds up, so I guess those people who have 10 kids must really FLY through life. (So that's how they cope with so many kids!)



On Sunday we had a BBQ with some family over. After a nice meal we gave Ashley her birthday cupcake, with one candle, and sang Happy Birthday. I love the look all babies give you once you set the cake in front of them on the big day. With all of my kids, I have captured this "Are you really gonna let me eat this?!" look on their face before they tear into it. So cute. Jared helped her out by giving her a big bite covered in frosting and candy. She needed no further introduction to her dessert. She had fun making a huge mess and the ants had a great time eating up her feast. Thank goodness for outdoor dining!




After the cake and dessert we opened gifts. She loved the little Sesame Street car that we bought for her. She hopped right on it and pushed with her little feet. We were so impressed. I guess having two older siblings around teaches her a thing or two. She played for about an hour with this toy! She also got some fridge magnets from Nana and some bath toys from Jill. She wore the "1" shirt that Jill sent back when she was born in a set (3 mo, 6 mo, 9 mo, 1 year). I think it's so cute!



Here are 12 things that we love about Ashley to celebrate the 12 months she's been with our family:
1. She has a gorgeous little smile
2. She is busy, busy, busy, all the time. She never stops moving. If there is something to get into, she will find it.
3. She loves to cuddle her blanket at bedtime. As soon as she's got the binkie and her blanket she rolls over and goes to sleep with a smile on her face. We say "Goodnight" and walk out the door. I LOVE THAT!
4. She is so easy going. She is happy to toddle around entertaining herself and playing with toys
5. She loves the backyard, she is such an explorer
6. She can't get enough of the bath! If we say "bath" she runs right to it and shouts until you put her in, water or not!
7. She loves to kiss Austin and Olivia goodnight. Usually one of us is holding her and she leans down with a big smile to get a kiss from her big bro and sister
8. She has gorgeous blue eyes that she inherited from Papa, like Austin and Olivia
9. She is a big EATER. She eats more than Austin and Olivia at one sitting, no question. Right now she loves toast, bananas, yogurt, melon, peaches, cheese, spaghetti, kiwi and raisins
10. She loves to clap
11. She loves to find clothespins in the backyard from the clothesline and pull them apart (to my dismay!)
12. She keeps us all laughing and smiling. We love the light she is in our lives. Love you Ashley!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She looks so cute in that tee.
And the quilt is fabulous!

melanie said...

The set of tees is such a good idea! She looks adorable! I too love the 'cake for me look' they give you right when they dive in.

Bond Girl 007 said...

i can't believe it is one year already! amazing...the pictures look adorable...cute insights into her first 12 months! wow

amy gretchen said...

Robyn it hurts my heart to see her. We so wish we could be with you.

She is so adorable and sweet. I love the shirt.

Jamie said...

That shirt is so adorable. What a great idea. I bet you are looking forward to scrapbook her bday. :D
Sounds like it was a fun day!

Bridget said...

She is so adorable! Happy birthday little Ashley. She sounds like an amazing little girl. Hope you all have a great week!

Laurie said...

Oh she is so cute. I've been thinking of her today knowing Jack was born just a day later. What a sweet, sweet baby. Can you believe they are becoming busy little toddlers?!

Jill said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she's already 1! What a love she is.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast the time has gone! She is so beautiful and such a fun baby! I wish you were closer -- she and Isabella would be great friends! :) It sounds like she had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I loved reading the things about Ashley and her birthday activities and all the things you love about her. I am thankful we got to meet her and hold her so much when you were here.