
My little Ashley is so close to walking. It's so cute to see her excitement as she discovers her increased mobility. She has been crawling for about 5 months now, so it's definitely getting old. She can stand there, balancing, holding a toy for a good while but just won't let go and walk yet.

We keep practicing with her but she just isn't ready yet. She will lean WAY forward to grab onto your finger, then come charging at you at such a speed. Somehow her little brain hasn't told her that she can do it yet. All week she has been using whatever she can as a walker- her toy table, the little IKEA chairs, whatever.

I remember Olivia was in this stage for about 2 months. We were sure she was going to walk just after 9 months but she held out to 11 months before she would let go and do it on her own. Ashley has been there for at least a month- her balance is so good. She cruises around the furniture at lightning speed- she just seems so close. We'll just have to wait and see.
4 comments:
I can't believe Ashley could be close to be walking yet -- it seems like she was just barely born to me! Other people's children grow up so fast. :)
It's crazy to me that Ashley can be ready to walk already. I also feel like she just got here, but I guess that first year of life is full of major changes so I shouldn't be surprised. She sure is cute.
That's fabulous. I love it when they get off the dirty floor and start walking. She is so adorable and wish we could experience this milestone with you.
So cute. I could have written this post about Jack. He's doing the exact same thing. I can tell he's got the balance but doesn't get it mentally that he could actually take the steps. I guess that makes sense since they are pretty much the exact same age!
Post a Comment