
Well even though I thought I had reached my shopping threshold in Utah (yes, apparently it's possible... despite my doubts) we went shopping today at Harbour Town, an outlet mall about 20 minutes away. I had heard from a lot of people that it wasn't worth going (kind of like those pathetic shops in Draper) but I was pleasantly surprised. Elise, Jared's cousin, told us that it's gotten a lot better so we ventured out. It was actually Jared's idea, a definite first.
They had tons of stores and I was impressed by all the good brand names and that the stores actually had decent stuff, some of it even in season. Usually you go to those stores and you walk out thinking, "THAT is stuff made by (Blank)?!" Like the Nine West store in Park City... I always wonder what year that stuff was made b/c it's SOOOO out of date. The stores were also really neatly kept and clean, straight, tidy so that is always nice. If I walk into a store and there are hangers everywhere and things are all in disarray, I just leave. Anyway... they had Diesel, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Rip Curl, Mambo (Lori you would have like it, it was ALOT cheaper), Fossil, Nine West, Esprit, Fila, Adidas, Nike, etc. etc. as well as some random stores like the shop where I got this dress.

Jared, not surprisingly, only lasted about one hour then he said, "I'm done." That's about as good as it gets with my husband and shopping. I guess you can't have it all in a relationship, can you? Very few people like to shop as much as I do or as long as I do. I have to say Mum was really impressive that one day in Utah while we were there. We went for HOURS. Anyway, Jared took the kids over to the McDonalds to play and get food while I looked around some more. I was so happy with what I found! I got two dresses for church. They are pretty casual sundress-type things so really I could wear them whenever but I wanted them for church. I have only 2 dresses for church and some varied skirt/shirt combos that I don't love. I absolutely LOVE the green and brown dress and the white and red is a close second. I will have to wear a Layers shirt under the white one. It doesn't look NEARLY as cute in the photo, but I promise it is. That cherry red color is really IN right now so I am sure I can find some cute shoes to go with it. I was overjoyed to find not one, but two dresses that are long enough on me (one benefit to being short) and cute. A very hard combination to find, in my opinion. Another happy moment was when I told Jared I wanted both and he said, "Whatever you want," something which doesn't happen often.
Good shopping.
What's the last thing you bought that made you happy?
3 comments:
Wow! "Whatever you want"! Seems like this month apart did wonders for your marriage, Rob. The dresses are cute but I want to see them on you with the layer thing underneath. Please give us a photo of you modeling them. So glad you had a fun and productive day!
No kidding. "Whatever you want". I think I would pass out if my husband ever said that! He is the most frugal person alive. I told him that we needed to buy a scraper for our van and he said, and I quote, "We don't need a scraper. I have a credit card in my wallet we can use." I'm glad you had a good, productive shopping day!
Are you sure it was really Jared and not some alien clone that took his place while you were away?? I'm shocked.
The dresses are super cute, you definitely need to model them for us.
Post a Comment