
I can't even believe that it's December 13th. I had to actually write it out so that it would stick in my brain. I have been writing things on my calendar for this next week.... Will's birthday on the 19th, Missionaries to dinner on the 20th, Speak in church on the 24th (Austin's bday), friend's Birthday party on the 16th.... it's all just a bunch of numbers but it's not actually hitting me that December is like 1/2 over. School ends this Friday for us! Isn't that crazy? We will have about 6 weeks off for summer then go back to school on January 29th.

Today Olivia and Austin both had their Christmas parties. We went to Olivia's preschool at 9:30 to watch them sing 3 songs (Rudolph, Jingle Bells and some other song) and to eat treats, etc. She got a certificate of completion and Santa even visited and brought each child a book. Good thing I remembered to bring the book today- they were all wrapped and in his bag and I almost forgot! She was overjoyed that Santa knew she likes Dora. Good thing I got that book in the States and had it handy. She went crazy on all the food. I had made pumpkin mini-muffins since that is what Austin requested for his party. They are really wasted on this crowd b/c they don't really bake with pumpkin (a strange irony since pumpkin is everywhere else). So, I unabashedly packed them back up on our way out and took them home with me.

We hardly had time to go home before Austin's party at 12:30. I had a headache all morning and couldn't shake it despite the short nap I took before Austin's party. I don't even have ibuprofen or anything in my house, that is how infrequently I get headaches! How I wish I had medicine now. I pushed on, dragging Olivia and Ashley to Austin's class. They did a short presentation of certificates and awards. Austin's teacher praised him for his excitement about reading and learning. They all got a gift from the teacher- Austin's was one of those velvet coloring things and he loved it. We ate food and chatted with parents, then thankfully came home early, an hour before school let out. Austin was sad I made him leave instead of playing with friends but I wanted to just go back to bed.
The headache is mostly gone now but I am sure if I went out in the sun or drove in the car it would come back. The thing is, I got one yesterday morning too so I am not sure what's causing it. I think I need better sunglasses- like polarized ones or something. The sun is SO bright here, it's probably worth the investment. I have heard that your eyes should be protected from the sun just as much as your skin.
Tomorrow Jared and I are going to lunch with friends, Friday night is his office dinner party, etc. etc. I know that every December flies by like this, so why am I always surprised? We still have some shopping to do for the kids and I have a few projects to work on for gifts. I had better get going!
3 comments:
How crazy your summer vacation is starting. That must take some getting used to. They are all missing out on the pumpkin thing. Crazy. Like your blog!
Oh how I miss the children as I see them at their class parties! Thank you for posting them. Too bad about the pumpkin mini muffins. Were there nuts in them?
I would have partaken gladly!
I am sorry you had a headache. That totally sucks when you have so much going on. Go buy yourself for meds! You never know when you might need them.
December is crazy. I feel like I am just putting out fires instead of figuring out what needs to be done. Christmas will be here before I know it.
Post a Comment