
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!

Today (in Australia) is Lori's 30th birthday. The kids and I wrapped her into her room this morning and she wasn't quite sure how to get out (sorry for the early morning photo shoot Lor). She says she feels like she is cheating a bit since it's not technically the 8th yet in America but I say, Let's celebrate both days! I have been through about 10 different scenarios of what we can do today and none seem to be working out, to my dismay. Luckily, Lori is happy and easy going and isn't expecting a national parade in her honor or anything.
This morning I got breakfast at McDonald's and got her a Mud (Chocolate) Muffin and Diet Coke. She said that was a perfect breakfast. I guess I got one thing right. I hope that we'll be able to get out sans children sometime tonight. Jared has some corporate golf tournament today which, I thought, would allow him to be home for part of the day to babysit... but no. Thank goodness SuperNanny Mum has offered to watch the kids tonight so I think that will save the day. What would we do without her?

Today Lori is packing some things up and getting all of the presents she has for our family back home organized.
It's going to be so hard to see Lori go. It's amazing that we really are so different in a lot of ways but I think we understand one another. I guess being just 16 months apart might have something to do with that. I just love her and feel really lucky to have a wonderful sister like her.

I could write a long list of things that I love about Lori but Jill did a great job of that on her blog today. I will put the top five things that I think are great about her:
1. She always makes you laugh and always seems to be laughing
2. She is respectful of others and can talk to anyone (especially if you are from India, you are opening a Mrs. Fields franchise, and your last name is Patel)
3. She isn't afraid to be herself and have her own opinion, and she doesn't need the approval of others to value herself
4. She loves music, movies, and books and can always recommend any of the above
5. She is a good listener and doesn't just say what you want to hear. She's honest.
Love you Lori!
5 comments:
I love the early morning photo, that's hilarious and memorable. I'm glad you're taking care of Lori on her birthday. Enjoy your last few days til we get her back home with us.
Thanks Rob, for sharing your happenings for Lori's birthday. I'm anxious to hear how the evening dinner went and what you did. I thought you and Jill both summed up all of Lor's great qualities. I can't believe she'll be home in about 5 days!!! Thanks for taking such great care of her these last two months.
great photos and list. I love that you captured the moment. I am glad she was able to come stay with you for so long and that you have truly enjoyed her. I must say I am glad she is coming back in a few days and only wish you all were coming too. We miss you so much.
That is a seriously good list. If people could say those things about me, I'd die a happy woman! Great photo of Lori in front of the bridge, too. I'm so sad for you to have to say goodbye. (I didn't realize you two were only 16 months apart! Holy cow. That would mean I would have another baby now. shudder.)
I love that she doesn't need others' approval to realize her self worth. That is a big blessing and great quality.
Choc muffin and diet coke for breakfast?! Yum! I could get along with her.
Post a Comment