
Yes, you read that correctly. Can you believe we are going to Sydney? I still can't believe it. Today Lori and I were eating lunch at the mall and Jared calls me on the phone. We're chatting for a minute, then he says, "I just booked some tickets for you guys." I paused for a moment, I guess I was internally trying to guess what it might be... I said, "Did you say you booked tickets? For what?" He said, "For you guys to go to Sydney." I had to ask like three times if he was serious. It's just not like him. He is so unpredictable at times yet SO completely predictable most of the time. There was no indication that this would happen. At all. We were so excited. Turns out he was online today at lunchtime and Virgin was having some midday specials going. You have to purchase between 12-1pm. The tickets are only $50 each way. WOW! I have only been through the Sydney airport, so I can't wait to see more. It's just for one day- we will fly out the first flight and come back on the last flight of the day. The flight is just over an hour, from what I have heard. Can you believe it? I can't wait!
The last time Jared and I did something this spontaneous was driving to Las Vegas for the Millenial New Year. We decided at about 4pm and just got in the car and drove. It was really fun and adventurous. I loved that we just went for a few hours then drove back. Something in the fact that it was so frivolous, so unnecessary, made it that much more enjoyable.
I know that it will be such a memorable trip. We are so excited that we won't even take luggage! We'll just be hopping on the plane that morning and back by bedtime. I hope someone asks me, "What did you do yesterday?" I can say, "Oh, I went to Sydney" really casually, like it's something I do now and then, just for the day. Crazy. Thanks Jared! I am still in shock, but mainly excited. We'll be going on the 23rd. Posting to follow.
What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
7 comments:
I'm speechless, this doesn't sound like Jared. What in the world?
That's going to be such a whirlwind way to see Sydney, how fun. You guys better wear comfortable shoes and eat your wheaties in the morning so that you're in a good form for your crazy day. Take loads of pictures okay?
How awesome. I love having fun things like that to look forward to. I would love to go to Sydney.
Spontaneous isn't really the name of the game around here, though I love to be spontaneous! Those times happened more in my single days. I think driving home to California two days after my Mom took me up to Provo was my most spontaneous. She wasn't thrilled. It was like, why did she bother? But she did get me all unpacked in Provo. Anyway, have fun!!
This is awesome. I would be shocked as well. If only....
well done Jared. What a guy.
I hope you both have a fabulous time
Hi, I'm Julie a friend of Jill's. That is fantastic! And only $50 each way, can't beat that price. I hope you guys have a great time. I would love to see Sydney.
I'm really excited for you two to get to do this little jaunt. I think it's just what you both needed, especially since it's been what, two entire weeks since your four days in Melbourne? Jared, that was a nice (and very smart) thing to surprise the girls with!
What a great surprise. Sydney is actually one of the destinations that I would love to go to. I just have to convince myself to get on a plane for that long. Hope you have fun!
A spontaneous day trip without kids, how very fabulous! I hope you two can cram a lot into that day and just make the most of it! Way to go, Jared.
Post a Comment