
We have been pretty busy. I have been horrible at updating my blog and keeping up with a lot of other things, like cleaning my house and laundry. Yuck. It's been so enjoyable having Lori here. I am getting really sad to think that she is now on the downslope- less than a month left. I know it will go so fast, especially considering the fact that she is going up to Townsville with Jared to work for a week. She's happy that she can make some money to play with but I am sad that not only will Jared be gone but Lori too. I will be so lonely! Ah well, I guess I have had it good for a while now.
For those who are wondering when we're going to update regarding Sydney- we go on Wednesday the 23rd. I thought we had mentioned that, but I guess not. I talked to Jill the other day and she says she's been waiting to hear about it. I forgot to specify. We met a guy named Duncan tonight who is Jared's cousin's business partner. He lives in Sydney and he insisted on picking us up from the airport and giving us a personal tour that day. I tried to tell him we'd be fine on our own, that it wasn't necessary... but he wouldn't have it. So we'll get to see Sydney from a local's perspective. He says he knows all the shortcuts and best places to go, so I think our ONE day in Sydney will definitely be great. We'll make the most of every minute rather than trying to figure out what train to take in the city and how do we get a ferry boat, etc. Jared told him, "Just keep her away from the shopping places!" He's probably still trying to get over Melbourne.

It's been a while since I have written. Last Tuesday I had my hair cut and colored. It looks a lot better, healthier. I had her cut it a little shorter (I can't believe how long it was at Christmas). It's right about shoulder length and a bit choppier. Some long bangs. I like it but I need a better flat iron b/c my hair is so curly it fights the straightness (is that a word?) To me, straightness is Robyn-ness. (Anyone seen You Me and Dupree?) Still fighting the curly hair.
On Wednesday we had dinner at the Wallaby, a pub style family restaurant. We had roast beef, potatoes, peas, pumpkin (of course!) and gravy. Traditional dinner. Lori loved it. Well, not really, but it was an experience anyway. The kids had fun.
Thursday Olivia was at preschool so we saw You, Me and Dupree with Ashley. She slept thru it like the good baby she is and we enjoyed it. I would give it two and a half stars of four. Later that day Austin had swimming where they told me he is ready to move up again. He is now swimming freestyle on his own 1/2 length of the pool. He's doing great.
Friday I printed some photos for frames in my family room and hemmed pants for Jared. Lori and I went out that night to Q1, the tallest residental bldg in the world and 20th tallest building in the world. We saw a pretty sunset and the lights of Surfer's Paradise. Afterward we had dinner at Gilhooley's, an Irish pub. I had pumpkin lasagna. Too bad it wasn't very good. We watched some Irish dancing there and walked around the night markets along the boardwalk.

Saturday we went to Katherine's house in Casuarina. Lori and I had a bike ride while the kids played with their cousins. Jared helped Daniel paint the exterior of the house. We had sandwiches and hung out. We drove to Cabarita on the way home and walked up the headland for a great view. Sunday we went to church.

Monday Olivia went to gymnastics and Austin learned to ride his bike without wheels. Jared mentioned it to him, they took them off, and before I knew it, Austin was riding with no wheels! He's so cute- we try to help him and he's saying, "Let go! let go!"

Monday night we had dinner with Jared's 2nd cousin, Mike, and his family, who live on our street. We watched Australian Idol and had a little FHE lesson with them.

Tuesday we went back to Byron bay without Olivia. She stayed with Mum and Kate. Lori and I got to walk around some more, had a great lunch. Mine was a grilled pumpkin sandwich on toasted Turkish bread with pesto. Delicious. I am going to try this one at home. Britney, you would love it! By the way, if you are thinking that I am obsessed with pumpkin, you are probably right. I don't know why I like it so much, but apparently Australians do too. Lucky me. Mark this one on the "Positive things about Australia" List.

That night we had dinner at Mum and Dad's. She made "Toad in the Hole", which is an English dinner of sausages covered in Yorkshire pudding (popover batter) served with gravy, peas and potatoes.

Yesterday we went to Sea World with the kids. (this photo is Lori and Olivia in the underwater shark tank) Austin had a school holiday so we thought it would be a good day to take Lori to see the dolphin show, seals, sharks, etc. The day was gorgeous and I must say the kids did very well. No one cried or fought, and whining was at a minimum. I love that! This photo is Austin in his funny Frillly-necked lizard hat he got at Currumbin Wildlife park.

For dinner we made Beef and Broccoli stir fry and we watched "24". We are now on disc three and we're all hooked. Jared actually chastised us today by saying, "What were you doing all day that you couldn't go to the video store to get disc four?" Funny. Originally we had to coax him to watch.
Today we had a nice walk on the beach. We came home for a while, made thai beef salad for lunch, then went to Kate's for James' 8th bday party. It was a nice Mexican feast and the kids got to do a pinata.
Can't believe it's Friday again. We have no plans for tomorrow... yet.

Random comment- Ashley is getting so unbelievably cute and is closer to actual crawling. She is using the knees but not the hands yet so she's probably going to get rug burn on her head if she keeps it up. It's so adorable to watch her.
6 comments:
Excellent recap Robyn. You guys are mighty busy and doing so much fun stuff. I can't believe how fast Lori's time has gone either. I'll never understand the pumpkin obsession, but at least you're in a country that caters to it. Once again, the photos are great and Ashley couldn't be cuter!
I am impressed at your adventure and sight seeing abilities. I also love how you recap the yummy food you get when you go out. I love your gourmet taste. I love pumpkin ice cream or shakes, so I can at least relate on that level. I used to get those a lot in Provo at that old hamburger/fry/shake place....can't remember the name anymore. They had a million flavors. It was on University.
Thanks for your card and birthday wishes. It means a lot.
Sounds like you guys are having a great time! I hope the rest of the month goes by slowly for you guys. And about the Sydney trip, what a nice hubby you have! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear about your day there!
Oh my gosh. That last photo of Ashley is absolutely gorgeous! What a doll.
I really feel for you about Lori having to go home. I know you still have almost a month left, but I can just imagine the sadness of having her leave after so much fun time together!
I'm wiping my tears as I see you holding Ashley with your new haircut and that sweet picture of Ashley at the end. How sad that I've never held her or smelled her head even. I'm so lonesome for all of you.
quite the update. phew. you guys are busy busy. love hearing what's going on with you all. that's cool lori is able to go work with jared to get a few bucks, but too bad she will be leaving you. the time has gone fast.
you look great and ashley adorable. prepare yourself i think all the good hair straighteners are expensive. a good investment though.
love the photos.
Post a Comment