Sunday, July 16, 2006

Live life. Have fun. Sing. Find Joy.



I haven't been able to post photos of the box I made for my friend Kaylyn's birthday b/c she hadn't received it yet. Now that I know she has it I can put some pictures here. I had a lot of fun making it. It's been a while since I have worked on a project like this so I enjoyed it despite the fact that I had to stay up til the wee hours of the morning since my kids don't give me that much of a break during the day.

It's just a metal lunch box with papers and mod podge. I loved the Rhonna Farrer paper (the aqua with red flowers and swirls on it). Also loved the Rusty Pickle paper that is on the top- it's brown with an aqua 'painted' look on it. love it. The ribbons are from American Crafts which Amy sent for my birthday. The colors went really well together. It's a new favorite combo for me.

I hope that Kaylyn has fun with it. She's got a great craft room with tons of supplies so I hope that this will compliment the room and inspire her to be creative. The word that wraps around the left side is "dream" just in case you wondered. Have fun with it Kaylyn! Happy Birthday (a week later). If I was in Utah I would have taken you out for some Cafe Rio and a movie. Enjoy your new sewing machine.



Live life. Have fun. Sing. Find Joy. These are the words on the tag (on the backside of the box). I find that I have to be reminded to enjoy life and have a good laugh every now and then. I hope you all have a great day.

6 comments:

michelle said...

Very cute, Robyn. I really like those colors, too. Sometimes it's worth staying up into the wee hours! Happy birthday, Kaylyn!

Jill said...

Very cool project Robyn, and Happy Belated Birthday Kaylyn! I love projects like that.

skbkmjfamily said...

this is so cute. I love these boxes. I need to find her paper. Our scrapbook store is not the greatest. Fun project for her and a perfect gift.

Laurie said...

I wish I had a clue how to use Mod Podge. This is adorable.

amy gretchen said...

This is a very cute. I just love all the ribbon on the handle. I'm sure kaylyn loved it.

KaylynB said...

5 days later, I am finally getting around to reading your blog again. I do LOVE IT!!! I keep picking it up and looking at it. I have it up in my craft room for all to admire, which they do! Thanks Robyn!!!!