
Wow, I was so surprised to find a package outside my door today! My good friend, Kaylyn, sent me a plethora of great scrapbooking stuff and a cute shirt for Ashley. I was so excited to look through the pages she MADE for me. Talk about dedication. I can't wait to develop the perfect photos and just stick them on! I am not even close to getting Ashley's book started, so this will reallly motivate me to jump start it and get going. Thanks so much Kaylyn! See "Kaylyn's Scrap Site" on my links to view her pre-made page kits you can buy!

I love the cute pages for Ashley. I have a good macro lens so I am sure I can get some adorable fingers/toes shots for this first page. I love the delicate flowered paper. It reminds me of a cute little calico sundress.

This one is Ashley's first year. I just love "overview" type pages. One of my favorites is the one I did when I was pregnant with Olivia. I wore the same shirt in all of the photos and lined them up next to each other across the page with the date and # of weeks gestation. This will be so fun to do for Ashley as she grows. I think I will put a small photo on the outside of the folders then include her milestones and cute facts inside.

This cute girly one says "Make way for the princess". Although Olivia thinks she is the princess, I think we will have to dub her Queen and let Ashley be our princess. Actually, Olivia is more like Dictator but that's not as cute.


This one below will be great for Austin's school pictures. Am I such a scrap-nerd to be thinking that his navy blue uniform will coordinate well with these papers? So cute.

I love the oranges and cute polka dot ribbon with this one. It's all about family and cousins. I will have to do a cute one with our cousins here in Australia b/c we have lots of pages with our Utah cousins.

This last pack is some Basic Grey Christmas papers that I just love. I wonder if you remember me telling you that, Kaylyn. I love the aqua blue with the grassy green. Unfortunately, I cannot find my favorite Bazzill green cardstock here. It would be perfect with this page. I will have to keep searching. I have found Bazzill, just not my color.

Finally, she included these adorable flowers by Heidi Swapp. I can't wait to use them on the shadow boxes I am going to do for Ashley's room. Perfect. The chipboard letters as well.

Thanks so much for your generosity, Kaylyn. I just love it all. I know it's a pain to pack it up, take kids to the post office, and pay the shipping.... but I promise you it's worth it. You're great!
By the way, if any of you scrapbook, what kind of albums do you buy? I seem to be constantly confused about this issue. I have usually used the Provo Craft 3-ring albums, but don't like them anymore. I have also used Chatterbox post type albums. What do you prefer and why? I could really use some suggestions.
6 comments:
sorry i don't scrapbook...when I love a photo...I usually hunt for the perfect frame....LOVE LOOKING FOR FRAMES! but the pages are adorable.! WoW! exciting
dude...that is so awesome. So nice of her to send you all that scrapbook stuff. I can't believe she made you layouts too. They look really great. Hopefully it will jump start you to work on ashley's book (like you said). I still have only done a few pages of megan when she was a baby. I suppose i should get on that.
Nothing like getting good mail.
i forgot to mention the albums i like. Honestly I haven't bought a 12x12 album yet. Don't ask me why. I think i don't want to through down a $100...i have a lot to buy. With that said, I really like the american craft albums. I have wanted them since they came out. I think i will get the 3 ring binder since i am doing a lot more 1 page layouts these days. Check them out if you can. They come in all sizes and all types (leaterette, cloth, or chipboard). Plus there affordable, unless of course you need to buy a lot like me.
That is some serious good mail! I love it all. As far as albums go, I used to use 8 1/2 x 11 3-ring ones, but now I buy albums in all sizes and shapes, depending on what I'm working on. Sometimes I buy a little album just because it's cute and on sale. I haven't scrapbooked for awhile, but just the thought of being able to do any size layout makes me feel liberated. Have fun!
Kaylyn has the CUTEST stuff! How nice of her to send you good mail across the world - that's a real friend! I love the premade pages she does, she gave me a couple for me birthday last year that were SO cute!
I am just getting ready to switch to 12X12 albums so I don't have good suggestions but am curious why you don't like the 3 ring kind anymore? (that was what I was leaning towards...)
How generous of Kaylyn to send you so much stuff, what a great friend. You'll have to show us the finished layouts when you put the pictues on them.
Post a Comment