
Hallelujah! The day finally arrived. Jill's package from the States came today. She has been very concerned about it b/c it has taken like 8 weeks to get here. It was fairly heavy so she went the cheaper route to send it... but I think it got stuck in quarantine or something. We were all so excited to rip it open and see what wonderful goodies awaited us.


The kids were not disappointed. One of the boxes was loaded with Laffy Taffy and other delicious treats. Olivia just loved her birthday gifts; a Strawberry Shortcake doll and two Pets. Austin was literally crying that he couldn't have the little chick. A bit pathetic, I know. He was very jealous. Olivia didn't put them down the rest of the night.

I loved the cute shirts and pants for Ashley from Old Navy. There was a shirt for 3 months, 6 mo, 9 mo, and 1 year. Very cute. I have never seen a set like that before. I think the 3 month will fit perfectly. Great timing. See Jill, if this had come sooner, I would have had to wait for her to grow into it. You didn't know it but you made a good choice to go with the slower shipping. (Was that convincing?)

For me, there was an unbelieveable load of scrapbooking delights. I love the pink Heidi Swapp chipboard letters. Can't wait to do a cute page of Ashley's baby photos or maybe use them in a shadow box for her room. I have been inspired by Michelle's adorable shadow boxes for Eva's room (see Michelle's smugmug gallery). Also included were: a cute deck of letter cards by K and Company, the wonderful tall chip chatter letters by Pressed Petals (I've had my eye on these), the Karen Foster snap stamps, Heidi Swapp photo corners in pink, orange and aqua, blank tags, adorable little file folders by K and Company, MM labels, American Crafts metal elements, a magnetic monogram "r" and a painfully cute journal book for lists. (I may just have to do another blog about this one b/c it's so cute) I love it, Jill. Love the quotes inside, love the colors, love the ribbon = greatness.

Thanks for all of the effort, money and thought that went into the gifts, Jill. It's so much fun to get something like this- especially when it's sent across the world! Good, good mail.
6 comments:
Oh my gosh, I'm so relieved that it finally got there, that was ridiculous. I mailed those on April 11th!! That's over two months to get there. If I had had any idea it would have taken that long I would have started working on it in February, I'm so sorry about that. I was under the impression it only took 10 days to get there so I thought I was on top of things. Also, had I know it would take so long to get there I would have waited another day and put something in there for Austin. I was hurrying to get it sent out "on time" for your and Olivia's birthdays. Sheesh. I'm surprised Austin wants a chick toy too, I can send him one. Thank you for posting the pictures, it does my heart good after waiting anxiously for so long. Enjoy.
Good grief. I can't believe it took so long. And I can't believe that that's the "cheap" shipping! I'm so glad it finally arrived, because I know Jill has been agonizing over that delay.
She really knows how to do good mail up right, doesn't she?
I need to take a lesson and do something wonderful like that for my sisters. Nothing like a fun package to feel loved. I'm impressed that Ashley is still fitting 3 month clothes. Jack is the same age, and he's pushing to grow out of the 6 month clothes!
Marvelous to receive a package...I love sending them...the last one was for my parents in Paraguay it has been actually two and I send them Surface and it took 9 weeks! Too long but it is extremely pricey to send them AIR unless they are not that heavy! But what delight to receive things you can't find there! Now my mom asked to send her some mascara, lipstick, her magazines, chocolate chips, nuts, etc., Glad you got so many goodies!
ps. I know shipping things for b-days have to be months in advance...crazy
I am so surprised it took so long, but so glad you finally got it. It was definitely worth the wait. Jill is so great about this stuff. I hope you do a lot of great projects with it and post them.
I can't believe what a little lady olivia looks like.
Wow, I'd move half way around the world to get a package that good!
Post a Comment