Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ahhhhhhh



I have been so busy I haven't even had the chance to blog about my relaxing day on Tuesday. It's Monica's (Jared's aunt)birthday this month, so Katherine organized a day for us girls at Lakeview Retreat. It was me, Diane (my mother in law), Katherine (Jared's sister), Elise (Jared's cousin, Monica's daughter), Chelsea (Kirk's wife- Jared's cousin) and her mom, Wendy. We all met about 11 am and drove to the place. I had no idea what it was going to be like, really. I didn't know anything about it other than the fact that some members in our stake own it and it's supposed to be beautiful. When we drove up, it actually reminded me of a cabin you'd see in Sundance, Utah. It was all wood and very tall... just gorgeous. They just completed it in January.



The view of the lake was really pretty too. There was a nice gym and pool area at the bottom that would be just great if you were staying there for a few days. They had weights, exercise balls, yoga mats, elliptical machine, etc. Once we went inside, I just loved the style- sort of a Thai/Balinese feel... Very Zen. (Ok, I just made that up... I have no idea).







I loved the canopy bed with the curtains and the wood floors throughout. You can rent a room or you can rent the whole place, if you want. We had a beautiful lunch, made by Katherine. It consisted of mini quiches, Caesar salad, and corn fritters with sweet chili sauce. Chelsea made some orange muffins with whipped creme and orange zest, and some brownies too. (L-R Diane, Chelsea, Elise, Monica, Katherine, Wendy)



It was so quiet, I couldn't get over it. I just wanted to sit and soak it up! There were three massage therapists, so we took turns having 90 minute massages. While we waited, we just relaxed in the TV room (off the kitchen) and chatted. It was so nice to just relax and not worry about laundry, picking kids up from school, feeding anyone, doing the dishes, etc.



As we sat there, I was thinking, this should be a tradition, like every few months or at least once a year. It was so nice. When it was finally my turn to have a massage I just couldn't wait to get started. I absolutely LOVE having massage done. I wish I could be in there for three hours. It just goes too fast. I have had enough massages now that I am comfortable telling the therapist how much pressure to apply and what areas need more attention- it makes the whole experience that much better. The first few times I had massage, I was too nervous to say anything and never made a peep, even if it hurt! I don't know why we do that. I am sure the massage therapist doesn't care, right? Anyway, Monica had the Hot Rocks massage, which I would love to have next time. It sounded great.

We finished up and it was already 5 pm! My, the day goes quick when you don't have kids with you, doesn't it? To top it all off, when I got home Jared had the house clean and dinner on the stove! He had taken most of the day off so I could go. WOW, I could get used to this. Wish it happened more often, but I will take what I can get.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Heaven! How fun for you. How nice that you were kid free. I'm looking forward to a day like that sometime. I have a half day at a spa waiting for me from Mother's Day. I too love massages. Good point - I should speak up more often when it hurts. Sometimes I suffer through and that's dumb.

Bond Girl 007 said...

Wow that sounds so fun and the food delicious! What a treat! The area looks beautiful and I too love the Bed with the canopy...I always try to have curtains on mine!

Wow a LONG MASSAGE that is heaven just like Laurie said....I am going to hurry and make an appointment at Burke Williams from the $$ I got from my B-Day!

amy gretchen said...

So jealous! Everyone needs a day like this every few weeks. It's just too bad we can't make it happen more. I just love massages. Man I would love one right now.

I'm really glad you were able to do this. You deserve every minute. I am so jealous!

Jill said...

What a fabulous birthday for Monica, what's up with all of you getting to do that? I can't believe you all got 90 minute massages too! What a luxury. I'm so glad you got to do that and that Jared had the house clean and dinner on when you got home. He's learning eh?

michelle said...

Amazing. The place looks incredible and how wonderful for you all to get some pampering. Sounds like tradition material for sure!

KaylynB said...

I'm just extremely jealous is all I can say. It is amazing how time flies when you don't have the kids.