
Here's a new one...These curry puffs would be delicious as an appetizer or as a side dish with stir fry and rice. I hope someone has tried the red curry and satay that I have previously posted. If so, please share. By the way, you can substitute yellow or Massaman curry for the red curry paste in that recipe if red is too hot.
Ingredients:
2 T. oil
250g (about 1/2 lb) mince (beef or pork)
3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
salt/pepper to taste
2 t. tumeric
1 T. curry powder
1 onion, sliced
Puff pastry, 6 sheets
Boil water for potatoes. Meanwhile, fry meat with onion. Cook potatoes then drain and mash. Add cooked meat and mix well. Add spices. Allow mixture to cool. Take out pastry sheets and cut into 8 triangles each. Spoon a teaspoon of mixture onto each triangle and fold into smaller triangle by taking one corner on longest side and bringing it to the other corner on longest side. Use a fork to press and seal the pastry. Repeat until all pastry is used (about 48 triangles). Fry in hot oil (should be covered or deep fried). Drain on paper towels and serve with Satay sauce (see my post from 5/19 for recipe)
If you are in Utah, you can find the kaffir leaf (for red curry) at Many Lands in Provo or Good Earth. BTW, spices are really cheap at Good Earth. So, if you don't have curry powder, tumeric, coriander, etc. it's a great place to go and stock up. They sell them in small bags in the herb section, then I just buy generic spice jars at the supermarket.
4 comments:
I have often wondered if I like curry. I have no idea if I have ever tasted it. I tend to think I must have because I have eaten at Indian restaurants, but have never known.
I'm impressed with your Thai cooking skills, but wondering where your taste buds came from.
I made the Red Chicken Curry and it was awesome. I think I had made it a little too spicy for the boys. Zane ate more than Harrison did, but he has always been my good eater. Andy and I just gobbled it up. Thanks for posting it and I am excited to try more recipes. (hint hint...keep sharing!!!)
I have the curry on my list for the next couple weeks, so I will let you know. I might have to squeeze these in there as well. Thanks!
Post a Comment