Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Gratitude


Sometimes it is hard to remember all that I have to be grateful for. I have such a loving, sweet family. My kids and my husband want to be near me all the time (sometimes too close!) and I am so lucky to have that. I saw that Oprah the other day about the girl who was hit by a drunk driver and the car caught on fire- her face was completely burned (you know the one?) Well it's just amazing to me that she can forgive that person and move on and be so happy. Sometimes I get sick of Oprah but this is one of those episodes that is so inspiring and really makes you wake up and say- I could have it ALOT worse. I am thankful that I have beautiful, healthy children, a husband who truly loves me (despite my many faults), my health, a home, etc.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I love this photo Robyn, so cute. It's makes me grateful to have feelings of gratitude at all, especially in the midst of "smotherhood" feelings which I'm sure you're experiencing with a newborn baby added to your family equation. I think writing it down helps a lot, and blogging counts for that and is even better because then you get feedback.

amy gretchen said...

Gratitude is a powerful thing. One that should be remembered often especially with the situation you (we) are in. Little kids constantly at your feet can be very draining, but if we take a step back and realize life is good. I have been given so much. It makes the days go by much easier.

I work hard on this as I am took quick to see the negative. I try everyday to write down at least 5 things I am grateful for at the moment. It has helped. Elder Bednar's talk on saturday really gave me motivation as well. I am glad your in a good place.

love the photo.

Robyn said...

I like what you said Lori, "if we had that down this wouldn't be a test". That is so true. I wish it was easier to see the good.

michelle said...

It's always good when something can give you a little perspective and help you see the good things in your life. I love when that happens. Just taking time to write down things you are grateful for can be so helpful. It helps you realize you really do have a lot of blessings.