Friday, April 28, 2006

Fun and Fabulous fairy party





I have decided that a fairy party has to be the best theme that you can do for a little girl. Dora? Barbie? My Little Pony? I don't think so. How cute is it to invite all your little girl friends to come, dressed in fairy costume, to celebrate your birthday?



Olivia and cousin Courtney had a blast at their party today. Katherine made a beautiful butterfly cake and I made flower blossom cupcakes (which I somehow forgot to take a picture of!) The cake photo is here so I will tell you - the cupcakes are frosted then dusted with hot cocoa mix (for the dirt). Stick a pink lollipop in the middle and put two leaf gummy candies on ea. side of the stick. It looks like a little flower. Very cute.





Anyway, Katherine's unbelieveable babysitter Renee came to help out. She even had wings on! She led the girls in assorted games and read a fairy book. They played Pass the Parcel and Musical statues, had a candy hunt out in the yard, painted faces, ate all kinds of goodies and generally had a good girlie time.





Olivia received quite a few gifts despite the fact that we don't have a lot of friends here yet! She got two Barbies, a My Little Pony, Little Mermaid puzzle, Barbie flash cards, Dora bath doll, 3 pair of dress up shoes, a little teddy bear and from us a Snow White doll with 7 Dwarfs. She just loved every minute of it.



I know a lot of people who don't want their kids to have parties every year, but I think it's so much fun. I really enjoy the whole process, though sometimes stressful, always worth every ounce of increased blood pressure.

4 comments:

Jill said...

The photos are darling. I'm so glad the party was a success. I know what you mean about people who don't want their kids to have parties every year, I guess it's a nice out for the parents if they have a lot of kids or if the kids' circle of friends isn't very fun, but so far I love having parties for my kids. I love how excited they get, how memorable the birthday is for them, the progression I can see in them and their friends each year, plus it's fun for me too.

amy gretchen said...

The party looked like so much fun. I'll have to remember the fairy theme. I only have a few weeks to come up with something for tess. I can't believe it is already May. I love the cake and Olivia already looks so much older.

michelle said...

oh my gosh. I can't wait until Eva is big enough to have a party like that! Those photos are darling.

I think kids should have a party every year. I like birthdays to be a big deal and it only comes once a year!

Bond Girl 007 said...

what a wonderful idea for little girls!