Tuesday, May 02, 2006

No Girls Allowed!



This title is reminding me of the signs Landon frequently posts around his room... Austin couldn't stop saying "No girls allowed!" last weekend when Jared took him camping with his cousins. Jared and Daniel took Austin, James (7) and Will (5) a few hours south to go camping. (Shown in photo is also Jared's other cousin, Kirk, with his son Fyn (2), who were at the same campground) Daniel's car was FULL of food, sleeping bags, tents, blankets, etc and loaded on top with surfboards and boogie boards (welcome to camping in Australia). Katherine and I just shook our heads with a smirk and said, "good luck", knowing that there was sure to be fights, bleeding and general chaos throughout the weekend. We were happy NOT to be a part of it!







They had a wonderful time, according to the boys. I was a bit dismayed when I later found out that they had done some form of wakeboarding/skurfing behind the car (speeding along the beach) with kids on the back of the dads??? I don't quite follow it either, but I have attached pictures. Couldn't decide if I should be upset with Jared for such a dangerous adventure or happy that he took pictures of it. I went with the latter. He did a great job taking photos so I can adequately document the event. Well done Jared!


4 comments:

Jill said...

What a fun trip for those boys, Jared must be loving life now that he's back on his own turf and has some Aussie family members to play with. I'm happy for him. It's great that he took photos of the campout, and crazy that they boogie boarded while being pulled by a car. I can just imagine crazy Austin loving that.

Jamie said...

I've learned, that when it comes to guys, father-son outings, campouts, etc, it is sometimes better NOT to even know exactly what crazy things they did. Then, I don't have to worry about it.
It looks like they had an awesome time! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

amy gretchen said...

I think its great they can do that together. Too bad adam won't be doing that with a son, but perhaps he can find suitable activities for his girls.

michelle said...

Well it looks like they had a wonderful time. Like you, I would just be glad to have been left behind! Good for Jared for documenting everything.