
This picture is of the back seat in my car. I can't believe how messy it can get in one day. School bags, grocery bags, shoes, wrappers from snacks, clothing items, toys, etc. What a mess.
Ok when did my life get so crazy? This week has just FLOWN by. I had a list of things to do this week and somehow I couldn't even squeeze them all in. Does that happen to you? You think oh I can do that tomorrow or whatever, then you realize it's not going to happen. Last night I had lunches packed and bags ready. I dropped Austin at school this morning at 8:30. I had to go to the medical center to pick up my dental xray, then we went to Aldi (our somewhat pathetic and much smaller version of Costco) to stock up on supplies for Olivia's party tomorrow. $98 later, we packed up the car and headed to Olivia's kindy (stopping at home to put perishables in fridge). Dropped her off at 9:45 then went to Mum's house so she could bbsit Ashley. 10:15 went to the dentist and was there until noon. Got some lunch and ate with Mum and Dad. 1:30 I went home, fed Ashley and worked for a half hour on the nutrition lesson I had to give tonight for Enrichment. 2:10 brought my laundry in from drying rack outside, packed up Austin's swim lesson things and loaded baby in car. 2:30 picked up Austin from school 3:00 swim lesson 3:45 Picked up Olivia 4:00 stop at Mum's to print off paper for Enrichment lesson. Leave Ashley there while I go to make copies and grab frosting and muffin cups from grocery store. 4:40 Olivia running loudly around grocery store while Austin grabs her by collar to bring her back to me. People staring as if to say "Who's crazy kids are these?" Me looking around clueless like I don't recognize kids. (Discreetly grab kids while threating them, a moment later) 4:45 Make copies at library. 5:00 Back to Mum's to get Ashley and head home. 5:30 Make dinner for kids, feed Ashley, unload groceries that I left on counter this morning. 6:00 Clean up dishes, soothe crying baby, unload the mess in car- school bags, shoes, laundry detergent, lunchboxes, dress up shoes, sheets for Olivia's cot at kindy, you name it! 6:15 Put kids in bath 6:20 Attempt to eat dinner 6:30 Smell armpits and decide to add deodorant rather than attempt to change clothes 6:35 Get kids out of bath 6:40 throw unfolded laundry on my bed, pack bag to go to Enrichment 6:45 Dad comes over to bbsit kids since Jared is out of town and Mum has a meeting 7:00 arrive at Enrichment and teach mini lesson on nutrition 8:20 leave Enrichment and make mad dash to Target where Olivia's bday present (and bikes for kids) is on Layaway (because if I had tried to hide it she would have found it- like she did with the Easter present!) 8:45 JUST make it - Target almost denies me but I pay and run around the back to pick it up at "Parcel Pickup" (I will have to do another blog about that b/c it's great) 9:00 Back in car with little Ashley in snuggly wondering when the heck she's going to actually be at home and able to sleep in her bed- poor thing. 9:20 Back home, feed Ashley and put her to bed 9:45 Begin prep for tomorrow's party, fold laundry, clean kitchen, wrap presents, put clothes away, etc. It's now 1 am and this is the first time I have sat down today. Maybe I shouldn't even bother going to sleep. Ashley will probably wake up in 2 hours... WOW life is crazy sometimes.
5 comments:
Holy crap, that was a busy day. It's fun to read about these things and to get an idea of what your new life is like. It's so great that Jared's mom is so helpful, can you imagine if you had to take Ashley with you to all of those places? How did your lesson go? Did you make a handout you can post for the rest of us? I hope Ashley slept long enough to let you get a few hours sleep too.
I only read your blog and now I am tired!
Sorry about the deleted comment. I had mis-spelled a word, so I got got rid of it. I didn't know it was going to go down in history on your blog as a "deleted comment!"
m
Post a Comment