Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Happy 3rd birthday Olivia!



Olivia has been so excited about her birthday- a day all about her. What could be better? She put on her first outfit of the day and opened her gift and card from Lori. Thanks Lori! She LOVED the Princess book and nail stickers. We listened to the CD while we ate bfast. She also loved the cards and pictures from her cousins. Thank you Landon, Whitney, Bella and Tess.



Jared made a great breakfast of bacon and eggs, which the kids love. Since it's Anzac day, we were all home and hanging out. Nanny (Jared's mum) came over about 10 am to say Happy Birthday and brought a present from her and Katherine. Very cool cash register/scanner/credit card reader- I guess that's how they make them now. Mine had plastic coins and you had to manually crank the handle to get the coins to come out. Sheesh, what kind of a toy requires work?



Anyway, It was really high tech and Olivia loved it... so did Austin for that matter. They played 'store' for a while (in between fighting over the various gadgets). I then took her for a jog in the stroller, which is a rare treat because I usually go to the gym or running by myself and she often says, "Mommy, can I essercize with you?" and I have to say no. She was very excited about it, then half way through she said, "Mom, this sure is a long walk". Mom and Pop called after that and she opened their present while we were on the phone. I meant to just give her part of the gift, a pair of dress up shoes, and save the rest for her Fairy Party this Friday, but she discovered the rest of it while I was distracted on the phone... She was overjoyed to find a crown, wand, dress up fairy skirt, hair bows and Tinkerbell card. It was cute to hear her exclamations "Oh, how cute!" and "Mom, I love this, this is my favorite". About 1:30 I finally got her down to nap. I might mention here that she insisted on sleeping with the glittery shoes on. No, I forgot to take a picture. I know, I know, what kind of a scrapbooker am I? So after she woke up, we packed up a picnic lunch and went to the beach. It had cooled down a lot during the day and was windy, so we were actually cold. Cold- hmmm- a sensation I have almost forgotten.



Jared cooked up some sausages, with Ashley in the snuggly, and we let the kids play on the playground overlooking the water. It was getting dark and cold rather quickly, so we pretty much ate then left. Not before about 10 rounds of Ring Around the Rosie and some dance we learned on the Fairy show. It was a fun day and I think Olivia really enjoyed it. What a sweet, beautiful girl she is. We are very lucky to have her (though there are days we forget this great blessing!) We love you Olivia!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! How exciting. I can't believe she is already 3. Sounds like you had a great day. (By the way, your hair looks cute.)

amy gretchen said...

she is such a doll. Happy birthday olivia! we miss being able to celebrate with the both of you. sounds like she had a blast and got some good stuff. it sounds like you haven't received our package yet. you should very soon as it wasn't suppose to take that long.

Jill said...

I'm so glad you posted photos and details of Olivia's birthday. It sucks not being able to share in it, and it sucks that her gift from us will be there so late.

Me and the kids were talking about you guys yesterday and how it was Olivia's birthday and then they just got quiet. I think they miss you guys so much that they're not even sure how to process it.