
It's so nice to live in a place where they can still call it "Easter break". Everyone had Good Friday off and it was crazy on the roads. At the shops people were buying Hot Cross Buns and fish like it was going out of style. It was a different experience as I am not used to seeing that while living in Utah with all the Mormons. I can't remember if I didn't notice these things while living in other states as I grew up, or if it's an Aussie thing??? Anyone who lives outside of Utah, please let me know, what is your experience?
We had a wonderful day at the beach. Talk about beautiful weather... sunny and 85 degrees. I am starting to feel like I live in "LA Story". For those of you who haven't seen the movie, Steve Martin is a weatherman and since he's going on vacation with Sarah Jessica Parker, he decides to pre-record the weather because, after all, it's LA and when does the weather change? So here he is doing the weather saying, "Monday, sunny and 75 degrees, Tuesday, sunny and 75 degrees, Wednesday, etc". Of course it rains. Funny movie.
Can I tell you how happy I am to get a tax return? It's even better to know that we get to convert it to Australian dollars which INcreases the amount we got. Fabulous! For some reason we got a big one this year so I am definitely going shopping with that! The plan is to go to Thailand in the next year, but we need a babysitter. Anyone want to fly over and stay with our kids while we go to Thailand? If so, just let me know. We can work around your schedule. Thanks.
3 comments:
Congrats on getting a nice tax return, we aren't and that sucks.
I don't remember anything particular about how people celebrated Easter anywhere else, except for when we lived in St. Louis. The Guidry's were Catholic and definitely remember them only eating fish on Fridays, but that was all year not just at Easter, so apparently I don't know anything about it.
My first Easter here in PA was definitely an eye opener. I never even knew that Good Friday was considered a holiday. A lot of people take off work and any Catholic-owned businesses are closed. Some banks are closed. No hot cross buns, though!
By the way...can Andy and I just meet you guys in Thailand?? Let's go to Thonburi and get some pad pak boong fay daeng.
I don't know what you are talking about with the hot cross buns, we are always stocked up on those for Easter around our house...(Adam)
Post a Comment