
I just have to share how thankful I am to have a wonderful mother in law. Diane is so helpful with the kids, I don't know what I would do without her. Since Jared is traveling like every other week now, I feel like a single mom. I haven't been able to go to the gym for a week, and it's taking its toll. Diane called this morning and said "Why dont you bring the girls over and go workout?" It sounds like such a little thing but the gym is therapeutic for me and I really needed some time off. It is just so sweet that she realizes that I would love to go to the gym but can't do so when Jared is gone. Given the state of my mind lately (not good), I really need the additional help and support. Tomorrow I have a parent-teacher meeting at Austin's school since it's the end of the term (already?!) and she is picking him up and taking him to his swim lesson so I don't have to rearrange it all. I know that she doesn't have to do these things- she does have a life of her own, after all. She has friends to meet for lunch, movies to see, other grandkids, etc. but she is always willing to help out. I know a lot of people who don't get along with their mother in law and dread even once a year visits. I am so glad that I actually enjoy spending time with mine. She is funny, creative, generous and kind. Thanks Diane!
3 comments:
Diane is the ultimate mother-in-law, she's thoughtful, helpful, interesting, funny, and doesn't push her ways onto you. You really scored with having her in your life. It is one of the only comforts for us with you moving to Australia, at least she's there to help take care of you!
You are very lucky indeed. I am glad we were able to meet her as well. She is fabulous. Like Jill said it is comforting to know you have family around to help when we can't.
I am sorry to hear that life is frustrating. I feel I know in a way since 3 kids are much different than 2 or at least it was for me (newborns are hard). Hang in there and know that time will pass. Ashley will get older and allow you to go to the gym and do the things you need to stay sane. I wish there was a better answer. Get lots of help where you can...don't be afraid to ask, and pray for patience and sanity.
we love and miss.
Liking your mother-in-law is a blessing indeed. I'm so glad she is there to help and can see what you need and offer her assistance. Keep trying to carve out time for yourself.
Post a Comment